Chapter 52:

Asia.

So, Emery took maybe six tests, and they all said the same thing.

When she asked me if I still had the one from Ya, I was shocked. I looked at her with a bitch what! face. She goes on to say that she had a cycle in March and April, but both super light. Then says she has yet to even get one this month.

My lips were probably in the straightest line.

I told her, "Yeah, bitch, there's a great possibility that your pregnant." She busts out in freaking hysterics before she even took the mfs. I'm clueless as to what she was crying for. Y'all decided to have unprotected sex Lord knows how many times, so that's pretty much on y'all.

Positive.

Every last one of them read positive.

On the inside, I was happy as hell that I'd be an aunt. But then again, I was happy that I proved my mom wrong. She swore up and down that it'd be me to be the first one carrying a child, ha! think again.

On the outside, I was concerned. Em starts college in the fall and we don't know how far along she is. I'm scared for her life because once my mom finds out, all hell is breaking loose.

So because it's less stress by telling mom first, she decides that I'm going to be her support system and is dragging me with her to the damn clinic. These people gone look at me like bitch you back? She wants to know for sure if she is or not before she tells our mother.

If she is, she can kiss Duke goodbye, because that's definitely not happening.

"Hendricks, Emery?"

"Come on, bud." She mugged me and locked arms with me. I have bragging rights, so she can mug all she wants.

The lady led us into a room and started by asking Em all sorts of questions. Last period, how long was it, last time she had unprotected intercourse, and everything else under the sun. I just sat on my phone, in my head I was dying laughing. I thought this shit was funny.

Em went to piss in a cup and then we waited. And waited, and waited.

"I'm fucking scared." She says, breaking the silence in the room.

"Scared of?"

"If I am. Theresa is going to have my ass, and Xavier's ass. Then Duke is just out of the picture."

"If you are, you are. Regardless of what mom says, or does, you have her support. She may come off harsh, but she isn't going to kick you out, she isn't going to make you get an abortion, she's not going to do any of that. She'll be behind you 100%, as will we. I got you if no one else does." She wiped her face and smiled at me.

It's crazy how just months ago, my sister hated me. Literally couldn't stand me, and months later we're as tight as sisters should be.

There was a knock at the door before a man walked in.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Pierce." He extended his hand to each of us. "And I'm guessing since you have the worried look on your face that you are Emery?" She nodded and he chuckled lightly.

"If you don't mind my asking, do you have a son?" She asked.

It clicked in my head why she asked. Xavier Pierce. But then again, why is it that she's never met his parents? Ima sip on this tea because that's none of my business.