Chapter 59:

How y'all feel about it being only one chapter left?

If this is short and uninteresting, the last chapter gon' be long as hell.

*
*
*

Asia.

Stop playing with my life right now. This can't be real. Nope. Ion believe it.

"Asia Marie, get over here and hug me."

Nope. I'm looking at a dead man. So dead. Mmmm, nope. That's not my daddy.

My daddy died when I was eleven and I'm just imagining this.

In my head, Try Me was playing. My head was trying me. My mama and daddy were both trying me right now.

This ain't life. I'm sleep.

A hand moved back and forth in my face. I smacked it out my way, but a little too hard.

"I'm sorry."

"You good." Shad side eyed me as he rubbed his wrist.

"Little girl." I looked at the figure of my father as he smiled big and wide.

"Marie, it's really him." I shook my head vigorously as I stood in disbelief and denial.

This shit. Was not. REAL!

Ion believe it. It couldn't be.

I just dived into the pool. I didn't care that everybody was probably looking at me like I was a damn fool. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they want me to believe that my deceased father is standing in my yard.

The yard of the house we shared when he was alive. Well apparently he never died.

"Asia, what the hell are you doing?"

"Let me go."

"I'm not."

"Nathan!"

"Shad, get cha girl. I can't deal with her temper tantrums."

"I can't deal with yours either. You whine like a bitch." I mumbled.

Shad laughed and helped me out of the pool and wrapped a towel around me.

"You cool?"

"No." He turned his head to the side a little. "You can't possibly expect me to believe that my father is standing there. I didn't argue with my mother and then cry about it at his headstone for him to not even be in the ground! I didn't spend six years crying over someone who isn't dead! That's cruel as hell!"

By now I was in full blown hysterics. Crying my eyes out on his bare chest.

"Stop crying."

"No, I won't. That's bullshit and you know it."

"If you don't stop, we're both going to fall in. Calm down. For me?" I sighed as I tried to regulate my breathing.

I was letting out shaky breaths and I couldn't slow my racing heart. Was this real?

"I know you don't believe it, let alone understand it, just give it a try. I'm just as confused as you are, but you won't have your answers if you keep throwing a fit. Aight?"

I nodded. "Fine." He kissed my forehead and let me go. I don't know why, but I pushed him in the pool again.

"Really nigga?"

I shrugged. "Felt like being a asshole."

"That's you on a regular, nothing new." He swam to the stairs and got out. I flipped him off and folded my arms across my chest as I walked towards my siblings and father.