Chapter 26:

Rashad.

Why does it take females forever to do one simple task? It literally takes them hours to get ready. Get up, wash your ass, brush your teeth, get dressed. Why is that so difficult? I know somebody out there saying "it's a process." Well y'all need a new process.

I'm really not tryna get out this car.

Ion feel like getting evil ass glares from her grandma, or from her sister. So I'ma just sit back and shut the fuck up.

If she was anybody else, she would've gotten left. She my girl, so I'ma be nice.

The one thing I can wait on is these two weeks. I'm not ready to face her mama yet. No time soon.

Yes, we could've waited but never have I once did anything for her not to trust me. I'm not a dirty ass nigga who just gon fuck and leave, that's not me. Well not anymore.

Have a little more faith in me.

If she doesn't trust me, I don't know how she trusts Emery. That girl turned into the definition of a thot after that night. She's been on her own page ever since.

I'd be surprised if she still had walls.

Speaking of Hoe, she just got out of somebody's truck. I laughed to myself and shook my head.

Looking at the definition of the word hoe, you have one of two options. A tool used for gardening and a prostitute.

I'm not calling her a prostitute, but she ain't far from it. Sorry not sorry.

I mugged Asia as she finally got in the car after twenty minutes of waiting on her.

"Don't mug me, it takes time to look good."

"Who you got checking for you that ain't me?" I asked as I started the car and pulled off.

I was gon' say some more slick shit, but I'm not tryna start shit this morning. We already got a lot going on.

"What do you think about Miami?" She asked, killing the silence.

"It's straight." She sucked her teeth. "Maybe if I was older, I would've enjoyed it more. Why you ask?"

"I'm thinking about Miami Dade as a prospective school."

"That's what's up." Am I hurt? Lah' bit. But she got her own life to live, and I'm not going to stand in the way of that.

Just like I'm doing me by going to UCLA. I can play sports and earn a degree in neuroscience. Even though one of those won't play out in the end.

"Where else have you thought about?"

"Probably Berkeley with Cam, or Georgia State." I nodded. "Only thing is that they're all far as hell."

"Duh nigga. Florida, Georgia, and Southern California."

"How do you feel about that?"

"It's whatever. It's not up to me though."

"I know, I just want to know how you feel about my choices."

"It doesn't matter, I'ma come see you regardless." She smiled.

"If I'm 2,740 miles away from you, you'd come see me?"

"On everything." I would really go see her. She ain't getting away that easy. You thought.

I'm technically gon' still be at 'home', and she talking about moving to the other side of the country. We talking about something that's a year away though, so we still got time.