Chapter 16:

This was the second book I wrote, and the first to 1k and to me that was a major accomplishment. That being said, I still appreciate all of those that gave this book a chance and those reading now. Thanks.

______________

Asia.

This boy is mine.

He used to try and play like the feeling wasn't mutual. Yeah, okay. The same dude I've been crushing on since 8th grade, is mine.

Nobody'll ever know how good this feels.

"Good morning, Miss Hendricks." One officer greeted as we bounded the staircase.

"Morning."

"I'm Detective Simone Jackson, and this is my partner Detective Coby Thomas. Firstly, welcome home."

"Thanks." I gave them a small smile.

"Secondly, we have some questions we'd like to ask." I nodded and stayed quiet for her to continue. "Are you aware of what happened the day you were abducted?"

"Yeah. First hour had just ended and I was walking to meet Rashad—"

"I don't mean to interrupt you, but who is Rashad?"

"That would be I." He spoke with a wave of his hand.

"Why were you two meeting up?"

"To discuss our relationship problems."

"Relationship problems?" He chuckled. "Okay, Asia."

"Very well. Please continue."

"I was just about there and got pushed into a wall, then choked out until I fell unconscious.  I woke up chained to a bed, and once I saw who it was, I wanted to die."

"You know who had you?" I nodded.

"Carson." I swear I felt the tension and hostility rise in the room.

"Carson, who?"

"Carson Reynolds. 17, East Valley Senior, plays football and basketball. Ex-boyfriend and an abusive son of a bitch."

"Abused who?" My mom looked at me crazy.

"Me. What? You thought I was acting an ass for my own health? The first person to notice was Rashad."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"What was I supposed to say? Oh hey mom, my day was great, by the way I'm getting my ass beat because you put me out. No."

"I didn't put you out, you left!" I scoffed. She literally told me to leave.

"The day I left, you told me to leave! You were mad at me for missing curfew and told me to get out of your house. Not once did you come look for me, not once did you call my phone. If anybody owed anyone an apology, it was you who owed it." My voice was raising the angrier I got.

She was pissing me off.

But who could blame me?

If your mama stopped talking to you, had you feeling like fucking Cinderella, wouldn't you leave?

If she never called you or checked up on you, after she told you to leave, how would you feel?

Who was in the wrong? Me or her?

She could've easily said I'm sorry you feel that way and attempted to make our mother-daughter relationship better. Did she? No.

The only people who gave a damn about me was my grandmother, Nathan, and Cars– nah, not that last one. Fuck him. Other than them, nobody that knew offered to help me.