Chapter 8:

Asia.

Friday truly did not get here fast enough. But thank God, it's finally here. This week has been longer than I would've liked.

Like every morning, my alarm goes off at 6:15 and it takes me six minutes to get up. It really took me a little longer today.  It's currently 6:30 in the morning, but that didn't stop me from playing Migos.

"Telling me I'm copping contraband from informants. Channel 2, fox 5, I'm America's most wanted! Ooh!" I rapped along as I got dressed.

With today's attire, I actually tried to make myself appear as if I hadn't been having a week from hell with a side of bliss. My outfit consisted of a pair of peach colored boyfriend jeans, a white shirt with lace sleeves, all white Vans and since it's supposed to be a little chilly today, I grabbed my North Face jacket.

My hygiene routine was already complete, so I was just about ready. I grabbed my essential items and headed downstairs. As I walked into the kitchen, I took notice of Emery sitting at the island. With my lips turned up, I dropped my bag at the end of the counter and moved around looking for something to eat.

"Morning." I spoke, eyeing the cereals on top of the fridge.

"Good morning, Asia." She replied.

Settling on cereal, I grabbed the necessities needed for making a mean bowl of Captain Crunch. I could fuck up a whole box and not care. I poured my bowl and sat down to eat.

The spoonful of the sugary cereal was en route to my mouth, literally just about there, when Emery spoke up and made me drop it into the bowl.

"I'm sorry Asia." She started. I nodded and started to eat again. "I never meant to drive you away, and I'm sorry for all that I did." I dropped my spoon in my bowl again and looked at her.

"I forgive you, Em. Regardless of how you treated me, I had a sliver of love for you in my heart simply because you're my sister. Trust me, I tried to hate you too. I tried for so long and I couldn't. To be completely honest, I watched you get dragged in the hallway and didn't feel compelled to help you, but I felt bad afterward. So, I knew then I didn't hate you as much as I wanted to." I shrugged. "I do have one question for you though."

She cleared her throat as she pushed her hair out of her face. "What is it?"

I scoffed a little. "Why didn't you ever introduce us? It's not like I was a stranger, Emery. Hell, we almost share the same face; almost the same fricking person with nearly all the same genes. How do you not tell your friend of years and boyfriend of a year, that you had a sister?" I asked as calmly as I could.

I just truly never understood her. Our bedrooms are literally next to each other's, not to mention my bedroom door has an "A" on it. It's odd, but I'm learning not to give a fuck at this point.

"I-I don't know. I knew how you felt about him, and I took it upon myself to take that away. I never introduced you because I was insecure, and stupid, and I thought you'd take him from me. In which you've now succeeded." She breathed out.

I snorted loudly. "We aren't together." I rolled my eyes. "Emery, what was there to be insecure about? Please tell me because you're fine as hell, you're brilliant... and any nigga would be out of his rabbit ass mind to leave you."

"You're waaaay prettier than me Asia, and I knew once he saw that, he'd go for you. And from the looks of it ..."

"Nah, I would know, and we aren't. But–"

I get it out the mud, yeah yeah.
I get it out the mud , yeah yeah yeah.
Watch how I break my wrist,
Make that water whip —