Chapter 50:

Nolan in the MM.

Asia.

"Happy belated birthday."

"Thanks." I turned to look at Nolan as he caught up with me in the hall.

"Sorry, I couldn't make it to the concert. I heard it was good though."

"If I do say so myself," He grinned. "How was your weekend?"

"It was decent. I'm learning to cope with the change in cities."

"How different is LA from San Diego?"

"Very," He says. "I don't know, maybe because I don't know anybody here besides my sister and my dad."

"Offensive." I gasped dramatically.

"And you, but you have your own group of friends. I'm an outsider compared to your circle."

"Not to mention the fact that you came at the end of the year." I pointed out.

"Exactly, so I really don't and won't know anybody."

"Brighten up, I got you."

"Thanks." He opened the door to Lorenz's classroom and allowed me in first. I took my seat as he took his next to me.

Nolan is cool so far. Easy to talk to, well I'm a sociable person, but still. He's not a socially awkward person who locks up every time someone says something to him. He's not bad looking either. Not my type, but that doesn't mean that he isn't attractive.

If Ya wasn't such a pimp, I'd probably try to get them to talk.

He's actually adorable. He has a baby face with edge to his whole demeanor. Body language screams I'm lowkey a bad ass, but what my father doesn't know won't kill him. But that's just me and my opinion.

I don't want to pry and be intrusive, but I wanna know how he deals with not having a mother or mother like figure in his life. I couldn't live without my mom. We may fuss and fight, but that's still my mom. Like she is my everything. Sometimes she comes before Ya, sometimes after. Depends on who I like more at the moment.

If you're wondering if I went home or not yesterday, ha. Hell no. I couldn't walk let alone stand up straight without help. There was no way in hell I was going home. Nope, not so she can beat my baby black and blue.

But that's what dope D gets you.

Or a baby, but I mean, I ain't looking for that no time soon. I ain't ready, if the offer is still available in about... 6-7 years, hit me up.

I was knocked from my thoughts as Carter slammed her books down on my desk.

"Excuse you!"

"Your boy wants you."

"Boy?" Nolan said, sounding confused.

"Rashad..."

"Oh." I chuckled and walked out into the hall. He was posted up against the wall looking good, as usual. His LA SnapBack turned backwards and for whatever reason, that made him look finer than he already was. He licked his lips while looking at me. I blushed, no doubt about it.

"Good morning, gorgeous." My smile got wider, if it was possible.

"Morning, babe."

I had to stop at home this morning, so I was gone before he woke up. School starts about 8:15ish, he gets up around 6ish, so I was gone like 5:30ish. I got home and come to find out, Jamal and Theresa's asses left and went with Marisa and Brian, like bro! They always doing something.