Chapter 9:

Rashad.

Party, party, party, let's all get wasted.

Since Asia's all in her feelings or whatever, I invited Chasity to this party with me. She wasn't bad company, so why not?

We were on the dance floor, casually dancing and having a nice time. I looked up to survey my surroundings and was compelled to look at the door. Once the bouncer moved the rope, the duo that stepped through the door baffled me.

Hell, I almost had to look twice. Walking in was my best friend and his 'best friend' on his arm.

I must admit Asia looks good—fuck good, amazing! But that wasn't my issue. The issue was them being here looking more like a couple than best friends and it is doing something to me.

"You wanna get something to drink?" Chasity asked over some trap song.

I nodded and she grabbed my hand, pulling me over towards the makeshift bar to get us some of this crazy ass punch. Let's be real, there's some type of alcohol in it, so I'm gonna take it easy.

As we sipped on our drinks, Red Nose by Sage the Gemini came on and elicited Chasity to drag me back to the dance floor where she started twerking on me. And I will admit, she was throwing all ass and I was trying to keep up. 

As the song was ending and another was coming on, Asia, Camren, and Jax made their way over by me.

"Wassup my guy?" Jaxon greeted as he dapped me up.

"Hey, Shad." Cam gave a small smile.

"What's good y'all?" I looked at Asia, who said nothing to me. "You can't speak?"

"Oh fuck, they have ghosts. I really wasn't up for paranormal activity tonight." She rolled her eyes.

I squinted at her, turning my face up. "Why're you being petty?"

"Ha! You're the last muhfucka to be talking about anybody being petty. But anyways, who's this?" She asked in reference to Chasity, who had been silently holding onto my arm since they walked over here.

"Chasity, this is Asia, Camren, and Jaxon. Y'all, this is Chasity."

"Nice to meet you, Chasity." Asia grinned, Cam shook her hand and Jaxon just gave her a head nod.

"Likewise." Chasity smiled faintly, low key eyeing Asia.

I don't know what the fuck is going through Asia's head right now, and I really don't want to find out. She is related to Emery's crazy ass.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Chasity asks, pulling me away before I could answer. "Is there anything going on there that I should be worried about? I know we aren't a thing and we're just friends getting to know each other, but I'm just trying to figure out what I'm walking into."

"No, there's nothing going on between us."

"Are you sure? If she's as irrelevant as you're implying, whether or not she said something to you when she approached us shouldn't have mattered."

"Look, we're just not on good terms right now." I sighed. "There's nothing for you to be worried about, we're all just friends."

"I can tell, she's on pure bullshit with you." Chasity laughed, rolling her eyes.

"It's kind of whatever though." I shrugged. "I'm over it, you wanna dance?"

It was her turn to shrug. "Why not?"

I might be over it, but I know this shit with Asia ain't over.

Asia.

Lawd, he brought the bitch in question to the party. And he called me petty. But Jaxon is pettier and a devious ass fucker. Ole schemin' ass

As I looked around, I peeped Shad and Chasity dancing without a care in the world.

If you're going to attempt to shit on me, at least make sure the chick fucking with me or look better than me, not the opposite. I mean she ain't ugly, ugly but she ain't even close to being on my level. Lord, let me stop.

Rashad: This shit ain't over Asia.

Asia: Yo shawty know you texting
me? Fuck out my messages.

Fuck he thought?

I wonder how he's gon' feel when I do him like he does me. We're just gone have to wait and see how it all plays out, I guess.

Anyway, Jaxon, Cam, and myself were sitting off to the side, laughing like hell.

"Asia, dawg you're a character. Just smiled in shawty face like y'all ain't plotting against her mans." Cam shook her head and stirred her drink.

"Aht aht, this was and is Jaxon's idea. I'm just going with it, simply because I won't allow him to think he can play me." I held my finger up, twirling it around after.

"It was, and I'll take the credit for it. You gone hurt his feelings, big dawg." He laughs.

"He hurt mine, I'll hurt his." I shrugged.

Rashad was looking around until his eyes landed on me and we held eye contact. Chasity said something to him, he nodded and said something back, then made his way through the people and over to us.

"Fuck was that about?" Jaxon asked.

"Yeah and where's Chas? I wanted to get to know her." I pouted. I'm so damn annoying.

"Asia, stop. I know you mad, but if we're being honest I never told you I was feeling you too." He looked at me like he wanted to kill me. Oops.

Not really.

"Oh Rashad, go to hell. You learned that I had feelings for you, and now...what? Am I supposed to cry because you don't like me? You're not the first, you won't be the last—so get in line. I won't walk around with my head down because feelings aren't reciprocated. The fuck?" I stood. "You still gon' walk around East Valley, but now I just won't be invisible. You're going to miss me before I miss you and that's on everything." I fixed my dress then turned to Jaxon. With a crooked smile, I placed my hand on his cheek and my lips on his.

I heard Cam go "ooooh" behind me, before I pulled away from him. I patted Rashad's shoulder as I walked away from the group.

Fucking around with me, gon' end up hurt.

__________________________
_________________