Chapter 45:

The face Shad makes in the MM 😂.

Rashad.

"Shaddy!" I opened my left eye, peeking at Lola and Lane. They're my aunts youngest children. Lo is 4, and Lane is 6.

"I see you peeking, Shad." I laughed as I grabbed and tickled them.

"Okay! Okay!" They laughed, yet I continued to tickle them.

"Nub, let them breathe." Bry laughed coming into my room. I laughed as they cried laughing.

I let up and Lane ran into my bathroom, making us laugh harder.

"Wassup Brylise?" I asked as I hugged my cousin. Y'all may remember her calling on my birthday, or maybe not. But this girl is my nigga. She's my aunt Mia's oldest and we basically grew up and been through thick and thin together.

She doesn't come around as much anymore, but we talk all the time. Basically when I started messing with Emery is when she stopped making appearances. I swear everybody hated her for some reason.

She knows about Asia, she just hasn't met her in person. She will in about an hour though since baby girl finally recovering. All that sick shit was for the birds.

She happy that she started feeling better. Hell, I was happy too. I missed the cheerful her.

Anyway, she's just supposed to be coming over to kick it with me.

"You killing me with the gov, Nub."

"And you killing me by still calling me Nub."

"Well, you still my lil' Nubby."

"Bry, gone somewhere." She laughed.

"When is your leading lady supposed to get here?" She mocked.

"You ain't funny, shut up." I side eyed her.

"I just wanna meet the girl." She shrugged.

"Mhm, she'll be here in a little." She nodded as she laid across my bed, paging through a magazine.

My phone started ringing in Lola's hands and she scrunched up her face and declined it.

"Lola!" She snickered. I grabbed the phone from her as it rang again. "Hello?"

"We declining calls now?" She laughed.

"Wasn't me. Where you at? And would you please turn that shit down."

"I want you to be mine again baby, I know my lifestyle is driving you crazy." She started singing Again by Fetty Wap in my ear. "I'm like four minutes away."

"Yo lifestyle is me, nigga."

"You fucking thought. Uh, hold on, this my shit." Bobby Bitch came on and she started being ratchet in my ear. I hung up on her and went to open the door.

She had just pulled up when I pulled the door open. My aunt looked at me with a wtf you doing? face. I chuckled and waited for her to get up the driveway.

As soon as she got to the door, she punched me in the chest.

"Ow, nigga."

"Don't hang up on me." She muttered as she grabbed my face and kissed my lips before she roughly mushed my head.

I closed the door and looked at her like she had lost her damn mind.

She made her way around the living room, greeting the people she knew. My aunt Mia introduced herself and they talked a little. All I know is she bet not slip up and say nothing about next weekend. I might have to bust her in the face.