Chapter 14:

Shad.

This shit is irritating as fuck. Asia been m.i.a for almost a week, with no traces of who has her. They filed a missing persons report Tuesday, and haven't came up with anything.

Then East Valley is no help. You have cameras and security for a reason. How the hell do you not catch a whole ass person being taken off of your campus? A complete waste of money.

The police haven't made it better either. They've been questioning us like we set her up or some shit. Fuck we look like? No, me and her weren't on the best of terms, but I wouldn't set her up. How does that even sound?

"Rashad, honey." I turned to look at my mom.

"Yeah?"

"You have to get out of this room today. No sense in moping around because it's not helping find that girl." She said.

"Ma, wasn't just some girl though." I said sitting up. "I feel light-skinned as hell. Caught feelings and shit."

"Cuss again."

"My bad mama. But I was a bi- ma it's hard not to cuss right now."

"Fine, don't get carried away. Might have to beat yo ass." There go that black shit. She probably did that to my daddy.

"I was acting like a bitch made nigga—"

"I told yo ass!" My dad yelled as he walked past my room. We both shook our heads. Pop ass lit.

"Anyways, I wanted to talk to her, so she was coming to talk to me and that's when she disappeared. I feel like its my fault." My mother sat down next to me, and pulled me into a hug. "If she wasn't coming to meet me, for my being petty and stupid, she would be okay."

"Rashad, it's not your fault. You didn't know that she was going to be snatched up coming to meet you. Don't knock yourself down. Just pray for the best, and hope for her safe return, okay?" She caressed my back in a soothing manner.

No matter how hard I try to side swipe my feelings for Asia, I can't. They are very much real.

I just can't help but feel like this is all my fault. I just want the chance to talk to Asia and tell her how sorry I am and that I never intended to put her through as much as I did in the past few weeks. I never meant to lead her on and make her feel like it was something.

I can bet she's not gon' want to fuck with me after this, and I'm okay with that. I'm a asshole, and she didn't deserve it. She definitely don't deserve this shit right now.

I nodded at my mother and she patted my back before standing up and walking out.

I honestly don't feel like being bothered but I have some things I need to take care of though, so let me get up.

- - -

I parked the car and got out. As I reached the front door of the house, I searched for the key on my key-ring before sticking it in the keyhole and opening the door.

"Who the hell?" I laughed as I closed the door. "Who — Rashad!" My grandmother cooed as she approached me. She grabbed my face before embracing me in a hug.

"Corinne, who was at the door?" My grandfather asked, coming around the corner. "Is ev— well look at what the cat drug in. Is this my Rashad ?" I chuckled lightly.

"Yeah granddad, it's me." He pulled me into a manly hug. I haven't seen my dad's parents in a while, so I just decided to stop by. I missed them anyway. "How've you been?"