Chapter 7

Calum

"So wait, are we actually going to stop hurting Alyssa?" Michael asked. I groaned. I liked hurting her. I forgot I had to stop. "Yeah we are." I say. Michael nods. The last bell rang meaning school was over. My mum heard about what happened to Alyssa so she insisted that she stay over at my house. I went to protest, but my mum can be feisty and she gets what she wants. After that whole thing I took her to my house while the police arrested her dad. I looked over at Alyssa she was crying really hard. "What's wrong?" I ask. It seemed like I cared just by the way I spoke. I hope she doesn't think I care, because I don't. Sort of.

"My dad, even though he abused me I still loved him and he's all that I have left." She sobbed. "If you want you can live here I can ask my mum, I'm sure she won't mind. Plus, didn't she say she insisted on you staying?" I ask. She nods.I say comforting her. "No I can't. I-I know your mum wants me too but I don't want to take up too much space. And besides you hate me and you will continue to beat me up so what's the point." She babbled. "Alyssa, I will stop hurting you. I just need time to earn your trust back. Please." I beg. After minutes of deciding she finally gave in. A smile formed on my face. "But anyway don't be silly you won't take up too much space I can assure you."I said the lightly kissed her cheek causing her to blush. Maybe this whole nice thing won't be so bad after all.

"Calum I'm home." I'm guessing my mum said. "Come on let's ask her." I said. "But what if she doesn't like me." She worries too much but I find that somewhat adorable. Wait, no, I can't. I shook that thought out of my head. "You'll be fine." I assured. "Ok." I went downstairs Alyssa followed behind me. "Hi mum." I greet. "Hey honey. Hi Alyssa." She greeted back. Alyssa said a simple hello back to her. "So, Alyssa I hope you don't mind but you're going to be staying with us like I said on the phone. I will make sure Calum is his best when around you." My mum smiled.

"Okay thank you Mrs.Hood." She smiled. "Anytime dear." She smiled back.

"But wait. The Alyssa. You mean the Alyssa that used to be your best friend. The Alyssa, the girl you always talk about." She smiled. "Mum!" I scream at her. Alyssa chuckled lightly. "Yeah, this is her. Best friend reunion." I joked. She let out a soft laugh. "We are going to her house to pack her stuff." I tell my mum. "Ok be safe." She told us. "Always am." Then we walked outside.

We left the house and we were walking to her house. "Calum why did you bully me?" She asked. "I-I." I just couldn't find the right words to say. I was speechless. "Thought so." She scoffed and walking inside without saying a word. I didn't want her to think I bullied her with out a reason because there is a reason. I'm not sure it's a reason she wants to hear but it's a reason.