Chapter 3

Calum

I went to school waiting for Alyssa by her locker and she finally came. I decided holding grudges are bad, that and my mum found out what I do to her so she slapped me, I saw that coming, and apologize to her. I saw her limping wondering if I did that. "Hi Alyssa." I said. "Hi C-calum." She stuttered. "Alyssa I know that I've been really mean to you for the past years but I'm hoping we can forget about it and I am so sorry for bullying you and I was hoping we can have a fresh start." I said. "Really? You expect me to forgive you after those years you bullied me." She snapped. "Please let me make it up to you." I said while grabbing her wrist. She winced in pain. I knit my eyebrows together.

I pulled up her sleeve and there I saw it. She cuts. Is it because of me? It probably was. I picked her up and took her to my car. "Where are we going?" She asked. "To my house." I simply say. "Why?" She asked. "Just be quiet." When we got there I opened the passenger door for her and picked her up and took her inside. I sat her down on my couch. "Why did you bring me here?" She asked, looking a bit scared. "Why?"I ask. "Why what?" "Why do you cut." "Because of you." She said not meeting my gaze. "M-me?" I said.

"Do you realize how much pain you put me through every 5 days a week I can't even get a weekend alone because of what me father does-" I stopped her. "What your father does?" I said. "What does your father do?" I asked, worried. I don't know why I am worried I just am. "Nothing." She said. "Tell me." I pushed her. "No." She wouldn't budge. "Please." I begged. "No." "God damn it Alyssa just tell me." I yelled. She jumped back. "I'm sorry I snapped. Just tell me what my father does." I apologized. "Lead me to your bathroom." She said.

I didn't ask why. She followed along. We entered and she locked the door. She lifted up her shirt. I saw black and blue bruises. "Half of these are made because of you and half of these are because my dad." She told me. "Oh my gosh, A-alyssa I'm so sorry I didn't know." "It's alright. My dad always tells me that no one will ever love me. So you either love me or love me not." She looked straight in my eyes. I leaned in and put my lips on hers. She was shocked but kissed back. Things got a little heated but we quickly pulled apart. We just smiled at each other. She quickly pulled away. "I-I'm sorry please don't hurt me! I-I shouldn't have done that." She rambled on. "It's fine." I say. "Wait...this is some prank isn't it? You did this on purpose and now you're going to tell some rumor about me." She assumed. "Wha–no!" I exclaimed. "I can't believe you Calum Hood. No actually I can believe you cause after all the years you caused me pain I always wondered when you'd stoop so low and this is it. I fucking hate you so much!" She yelled slapping me.

My eyes narrowed in anger as she walked away. "You know what bitch, I tried to get you to forgive me, but you had to fucking slap me. You're a pathetic little slut just like everyone says you are." I get up in her face. "No one will ever love you with that attitude." I say, I could see the tears swelling in her eyes. Maybe I became too close to her when she slipped and fell down the stairs. I showed no guilt, no emotion at all. "Karma's a bitch." I say walking to my room. "I wonder when you're going to get yours you manwhore!" She yelled back.

I went to go get her but once she saw me she got up and ran as fast as she could out of my house. That's what I thought. She'll get it tomorrow even if she knows it or not.