Chapter 19

I was curious what the papers said and what Jimins terms were but it made me nervous the more I thought about it.

I opened my apartment door and I was surprised to see a man standing in front of my kitchen counter, "Uhm.."

"Okay, you're all set. Your roommate let me in." The man said grabbing his stuff.

When he stepped aside, I could see a  brand new laptop sitting on the countertop.

"I just figured you forgot to tell me about it." Kate said as she walked in with a concerned  look on her face, "Do I look okay?" Kate closed her brown leather jacket and posed.

"Tell you about what?" I asked. The man began to approach me, "Just sign here."

"Hold on, do you have the right apartment?" I said before grabbing the clipboard.

The man began looking at the address on the paper, "Y/N?"

Wha- but I didn't...I reviewed the form one more time and everything was right. Without further question, I began signing the form.

Jimin...

I looked over at Kate and sighed.

"Enjoy." The man said as he left the apartment.

"Another gift huh? Whatever happened to flowers and chocolate?" Kate asked walking up to me with a small giggle, "I'm dying to hear everything but I have to run right now because Jin and I are having dinner, and then we're going to see a show at the Gorge."

As much as I wanted what Kate had, I couldn't show that I was sad. I wanted to be happy for her.

"Jungkook called for you. Twice, by the way." Kate then added.

Eesh...yeah I forgot about that incident.

"The mail already come?" Kate asked pointing at the envelope in my hand.

"The- Oh. No, this is-- These are my thesis notes. I left them at school." I said crossing my arms.

"Oh. Alright. Well, there's yesterday's mail." Kate said looking down at the counter.

I walked around Kate, making my way to the mail. Kate just stood there, watching me.

I began digging through the mail and let out a long sigh. I stopped and looked up at Kate. She was staring at me, "What?"

A smile grew on her face, "I don't know. You look, different."

I tried to smile but I couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened, "I feel different."

"Of course you do." Kate smiled, "Okay!" Kate walked to the door, "Bye!"

Soon as the door closed, I went over to the laptop and began feeling on the keys. It was so clean and different.

Why did he do this for me?

An email popped up on the top sent by Park Jimin.

"Thank you for a most interesting weekend.

This laptop is YOURS

and I'd like you to use it for research."

Oh really?

I pushed the reply button and began creating a remark back.

"Would you now?

Is this what our relationship will be like, you ordering me around?"

I instantly clicked the send button and began biting on my nails.

A chime went off and it was a reply back from Jimin.