chapter 4

Time had already gone forward to the day of the photoshoot.

I was standing next to Kate watching as Jungkook takes Mr. Park's photos.

Mr.Park was welly suited and was looking rather dashing. His skin looked clear and his body was flawless.

"Thanks again for doing this Mr. Park," Kate said as she politely smiled at him.

Mr. Parked nodded, "I'm happy to help."

"Uuuh, how about we try a few with a smile?" Jungkook asked as he lowered the camera.

He raised the camera and started taking more pictures. Mr. Park straightened his posture and eyes glared at the camera.

Jungkook gulped, "Or..or not."

Mr. Park took a breath and looked over at me.

"You do realize that he hasn't stopped looking at you," Kate said as she smiled which could say it all.

I lightly coughed to clear my throat as I whispered to Kate, "He asked me to go for coffee afterward."

Kate grinned, "Wha-" she teasingly touched my arm but I nudged away as I blushed. "Kate ssh."

At the end of the photoshoot, I helped Jungkook put up his equipment as Mr. Park approached me.
"Y/N..shall we?"

"Oh- uh yeah. Let me grab my jacket."

~As you walked away, Mr. Park looked back at Jungkook as Jungkook looked down and walked the other direction.~

On our way out, I was preparing myself with Mr. Park. I felt a little nervous just breathing next to him.

"So, is he your boyfriend?" Mr. Parked asked as he wrapped his tie around his hand and put it in his pocket.

I looked over at him as we were making way towards the doors, "Who?"

"The photographer." He said with a serious tone.

I chuckled, "Jungkook? No."

"I saw the way he was smiling at you." He again spoke as he fixed his collar of his suit.

"No...Jungkook is more like family. He's not my boyfriend."

"And the guy at the store?" He asked once more as he stared deep into my eyes.

What is with this guy?

"Paul!..." ew, "No."

We made it to the place where we planned on getting coffee.

Mr. Park poured the hot coffee into both our cups as he sat back and watched.

I grabbed the cup of coffee and thanked him.

He then grabbed my muffin and started pulling down the sides of the wrap.

My fingers trailed around the cup as my heart began to beat fast from the silence.

"You seem nervous," Mr.Park said as he looked at my hands.

"I find you intimidating," I said as he continued to open the wrap of the muffin.

"You should." He said as he sat the muffin down. "Eat."

Despite how he said it, my mind was so intrigued by him in general.

"Not to mention high handed," I answered with a remark.

He grinned slightly, "I'm used to getting my own way."

Really?

I smiled back, "That must get very boring."

His grin turned into a smile but his eyes stayed cold as he looked into mine.

I tried to break eye contact and looked down at my coffee.

"Tell me about your family." He then added.

Already???

"My f-family? Uhm..okay..my dad died when I was a baby, so I was raised by my stepfather Ray. He's amazing."

His face stayed the same as he continued with the questions, "And your mother?"

"Uhm..my mother is on husband number 4. She's an incurable romantic." I said as I breathed in.

"And you?" He asked with his eyes set on me the whole time.

"Am I a romantic?" I asked to make sure.

He nodded gently as he didn't blink.

I smiled, "Well, I study English lit...so I kinda have to be."

His eyes narrowed down as he zoned out.
I wondered If I said something wrong..maybe I should change the subject.

"I..thought...the photoshoot went well..right? Kate seems to be really happy-"

He shook his head, "I'm sorry but...I can't uh..."

Is he okay? It seems like something was on his mind.

"What?" I asked hoping he'd tell me.

"I'll walk you out." He said quickly standing up

I watched him stand and I looked down at the table. Was it what I said?. I don't... understand.

We started leaving the shop. I tried walking his pace which for some reason seemed to be fast..as if he was rushing.

I looked over at him as we made way through the crowded sidewalk, "Do you have a girlfriend? Is that it?"

He looked over at me and back at the street, "I don't do the girlfriend thing." His voice stayed low and he showed no emotion.

"What does that even-"

He grabbed my side and pulled me quickly towards him as a man on a bike rushed passed us. With the speed of how fast it all happened, the breath that I kept in from nervousness came out. I looked around and then I saw his face close to mine. His lips were pink and looked soft.

My eyes met his.

His eyes explored my eyes as his hand rested on my cheek. His thumb softly touched my cheek as I closed my eyes. I then opened them and saw an emotion..sadness.

"I'm not the man for you. You should stay clear of me." He kept his hand on my cheek which formed around my jawline.

"I have to let you go-" his hand dropped as he stared at me.

I could feel my chest ache and I didn't want to leave but I had to fight it. My eyes were getting blurry so I knew I had to leave before I cried.

"Goodbye, Mr. Park." I walked in the street and left him standing on the sidewalk.

~Jimins POV~

Her eyes filled with small tears as they grew. She stepped back and I watched her walk away. Would I see her again?

I wanted to stop her..but I stayed quiet. Maybe it was for the best.