Chapter 4

I sat down at my desk and placed down the box Jimin has given me. I removed the lid and saw my laptop at the bottom, my car keys, and a small packet. This one's new.

I grabbed the small packet and opened it a little and grabbed what was in it. It felt cold and a little heavy. I pulled it out to see that it was an iPhone.

I tapped the screen and the phone lit up. It showed that Jimin had sent a message.

"Dream of me."

I chuckled and opened the message. I touched the text bar and began typing...

"Maybe-"

Jimin's p.o.v~

My phone buzzed on my way back to my place. I raised my phone up and as it turned on, I saw that it was Y/N.

Maybe. Thank you for tonight. Laters Baby.

I put my phone on my lap and exhaled as I smiled again.

Does this mean she's giving me a chance? Does she still...love me?

Y/N's p.o.v~

I put down the phone and looked over at the window. It was wide open. I stood up and walked over to it. Right when I did. I felt...like I was being watched...I tried not to look and lowered the blinds.

...............................................................................

"Y/n," a woman's voice spoke. I looked up to see a red-headed woman holding a file, "I've been hearing a lot of good things about you."

"Oh-" I scooted over in my wheely chair.

"Told you, Liz." Jack cut me off as he walked to his office door, "This one actually reads."

The woman looked up at him with a fake smile, "Hey, Jack."

"What's the head of HR doing lurking around, are we in trouble?." Jack asked with a smile.

Liz smiled that looked of disgust. What's between them? Why doesn't she like him? I can understand being uncomfortable around him part I guess.

"No, I'm just here to encourage." Liz smiled and looked down at me.

I nodded and smiled and looked over at Jack as he began talking, "Really? Well, I think a round of drinks at Lori's would do the trick.".

Liz looked over at Jack and the smile died down a little, "Sorry, meetings. Otherwise."

I leaned in, "Who's Lori?"

"Oh, it's a bar around the corner," Jack informed.

I shook my head thinking they had a thing, "Oh." I chuckled.

"Fridays are a bit of a ritual. You should come." Jack looked over at me than Liz.

Liz looked back at me, "Absolutely. Go network."

"Oh, no, I would. -I have plans tonight." I looked back at Jack.

Jack's phone buzzed and he looked down at it, slowly turning to his office, "So, have your plan come along...hello?" Jack rushed into his office with his phone at his ear. "Yeah! Oh no, my, uh my..."

Liz looked at me then smiled, "Have fun."
She turned and walked to the elevator.

"...doing light duty, I swear. Yeah. Two more chapters like that and we're good." Jack continued on the phone.

Shoot...if I told Jimin, he'd flip. I should tell him though...should I?

I walked out searching for Jack.

"Y/n." I voice called out.

I quickly turned to see a girl with long brown and wavy hair. She looked tired and cold.

"I'm sorry, have we met before?" I asked trying to see if I remembered her. Drinking with Kate a lot back then...you never know who I ran into.

She shook her hand and move her hair back behind her ear. She has bandages on her wrist that looked like they were soaked in blood, "It's okay...I'm nobody."

"Hey. Lori's is this way." Jack said putting his arm between me and the girl as he looked at her and me.

I looked back at her but Jack turned me around and had it hand behind my back.

I turned again but the girl had vanished. Who was she? Was she okay? Should I have stayed behind and offered her help?

"All right, here we go," Jack said putting down the drinks and grabbing straws.

I cleared my throat, "Thanks. Where is everyone?"

Jack smiled, "You know, it's still early. Your comments on Boyce Fox were interesting." Jack added, leaning on the counter, "I'm not usually into political thrillers."

"Yeah! Well, I think the parallels with Dante's inferno are amazing but I-" I began sharing my thoughts.

"No, no, no. You convinced me. I'm reading." Jack said with a low voice and a smile.

Jimin's p.o.v~

I walked into the bar, swinging the door opened and to see a man standing in front of Y/N, speaking to her with lust and interest. I bit my lip and approached the two of them.

"Hey." Y/N turned to look at me as Jack's smile disappeared.

"Hi, Um, Uh, Jimin, this is Jack Hyde " Y/N introduced.

I raised out my hand, "I'm the boyfriend."

"I'm the boss. What'll you have, Jimin?

"Thanks, Jack, another time," I said glaring at his face. Holding back the will to not knock the shit out of this guy.

I looked down at Y/N and put my hand on her back, helping her down from the stool.

Y/N smiled awkwardly at Jack, "Thanks."

Y/N and I walked out of the bar and I tried to forget the looks of Jack.

"I can't believe you just talked to him like that." She said walking beside me.

"He wants what's mine," I said looking over at Y/N.

"What's yours?" She looked away, "That's a little presumptuous. He's my boss, Jimin. You've got to calm down."

Calm down? That dude is a total creep. No way was I going to have him near her, "Calm isn't really my forte."

Y/N rolled her eyes then smiled, "I know something that could help."

I looked over at her and saw her chuckle.