Chapter 16

"So, Hyde's a former colleague of yours?" A man asked, wearing a grey suit. He was sitting beside me at the bar in our kitchen.

"Uh, yes," my heart was still beating fast, "he was my boss until a few weeks ago, but they let him go."

Sawyer was standing in the living room, explaining to the officers what had happened and where it happened.

Jones woke up during the night, hearing the yelling. Once she had seen that Jack was getting taken away, she quickly came to my side and told me she'd make me some warm soup.

"Can I ask why?" The man asked.

Why? Are you serious? "Because he attacked me."

The man nodded.

"Sir." A woman officer said, approaching the man with a plastic bag, "We recovered this from the elevator maintenance vehicle parked in the lower garage." She pointed at the bag, "Stolen plates. Must have been how the suspect gained access."

Jack was able to get into Jimin's building? How did he get past the guards?

"This mean anything to you, Mrs. Park?" The man handed me the bag. There was a paper inside with printed words.

"You owe me a life." Why would Jack do this? Was it because he got fired? I don't understand, he was released, "No, nothing." I could feel my throat tightening as my eyes watered.

"Mr. Park is on his way home. We really need to wrap this up, please." Jones said, touching my arm as she looked at the man.

"We'll finish this another time, Mrs. Park. You rest." He closed his bag as he stood, "And, uh, don't worry about Hyde. We've got enough hold on him. He won't be going anywhere."

"Okay." I quietly said. It made me feel a little better that they had Jack. But I couldn't stop thinking about the woman who followed Jimin and I.

As the man walked away, Jones rubbed my back. I felt like crying. I just wanted Jimin to be home.