Chapter 22

"Jimin, Jin is taking us hiking. You coming?" Jungkook asked.

I looked up at Jimin. I was surprised to hear Jungkook talk to him but I had forgotten that he had accepted our relationship.

Jimin shook his head, "No. I have work to do."

Hiking wasn't really Jimin's thing so I wasn't surprised.

"Come on. Just a stroll in the hills." Jin said, trying to convince him to come.

"When Jin says stroll, he means 20 miles straight uphill with nothing to eat but tree bark." Jimin said, looking down at me.

I finished tying my shoes and stood up and wrapped my arms around Jimin, "What if I run into a bear?"

Jimin smirked, "Mm, good luck to the bear."

I rolled my eyes and kissed Jimin. It was a shame he wasn't joining us, but work was summoning him.

After Jimin had left the room to do his work, we all started our walk up the hill. We were pretty high but there was still ways to go.

"What was Jimin like when he was little? He doesn't ever really talk about it." I asked, walking beside Jin.

"It's a miracle he talks at all," Jin said, narrowing his eyes underneath his sunglasses, "When Mom and Dad first brought him home, he never spoke. He didn't cry. I mean, he's never cried. He did kick the crap out of me a few times when mom wasn't looking, though."

I laughed as I ducked my head under a tree branch that hung low, "Really? You guys seem like you're pretty close now."

Jin shrugged, "Yeah, we've grown up a lot since then. Now, I'm just in awe of him. He's the bravest guy I know. Nothing scares him."

Nothing? What about him? "You seem pretty fearless."

He looked over his shoulder, "Me? Nah."

"What are you afraid of?" I then asked.

He stopped and turned to me as he breathed out.

"Hey, Jin, when is this forced march gonna end?" Mia called out, resting her arm on Jungkooks shoulder while he took shots with his camera, "I promised Y/n we'd go shopping." She then added.

Jin sighed, "Well, guess we could go back through town. I got some errands to run, too."

Jimin's p.o.v~

"Sir," Taehyung said, entering the kitchen as he raised a file, "This just came in. More background on Hyde." He informed me, handing me the file.

"Went to Princeton on a scholarship, graduated summa cum laude. Smart guy." Taehyung added, "Worked for publishers in New York and Chicago before S.I.P."

I breathed out. I didn't care about his scholarship or his successes. This didn't tell me anything, "What else?"

Taehyung shook his head, "We tracked down an ex-assistant. Seems Hyde slept with her. Made a sex tape, used it to blackmail her."

That could have been Y/n too if she didn't get away, "Jesus. Has she told the police?"

"She wouldn't go on record. And another thing- apparently, Hyde was in and out of foster homes in Detroit." Taehyung continued on.

Detroit? "So was I," I sighed and looked down at the file, "Good work. Keep digging."

Taehyung nodded and turned.

"And, Taehyung..." I said, stopping him, "Y/n's still shaken up. Not a word about this for now."

"Yes, sir." Taehyung said, nodding before he left the kitchen.

Could this mean something? Could I have known Jack? I didn't ever talk to anyone nor did I try to know anybody so I wouldn't remember if there was somebody named Jack Hyde.

Y/n's p.o.v~

I pushed open the curtain and posed while wearing a thin and short dress. Mia turned and gasped, "Oh, yes!"

I shook my head, "I don't know. It's really low in the back." I said, turning around. I felt like my ass crack was showing from how low it was.

"It's hot." Mia said, smiling while she held onto her glass of champagne.

"Yeah, but...Oh, Jimin's gonna love this dress." I said, sarcastically as I walked over to the mirror.

Kate peeked out from her curtain, "Help. My zipper is stuck."

"Oh," Mia placed down her drink, "Let me see."

I turned around to see the back in the mirror. I was surprised that nothing was showing. In the corner of my eye, I saw Jin and Gia standing together on the side walk in front of a place called Aspen Mountain Jewelry. Gia was smiling big at him as they hugged. She pulled away and lightly touched the side of Jin's face before she turned and walked away. Oh, my god.

"Ta-da!" Kate said, coming out from the dressing room wearing a red dress, "What do you think?" She asked, smiling big.

"Oh, my god." I pouted in awe. She looked so pretty.

"I know." Kate said with a giggle.

"Look at you. You're like a valentine." I said as she walked towards me. I grabbed both sides of her arms and spun her towards Mia, "Turn around. Look at her." I said. I peeked behind me, making sure Gia was out of sight.

"Jin's going to love it." Kate said, happily.

"He's gonna love it." I said, turning back around.

"Mm. Oh!" Gia said, placing her cup back down, "Shoes."

Kate looked at me and I smiled, "Shoes!"

I grabbed Kates hand, "Let's have a drink." I said, pulling her away from the window.

"Oh, girl, look at you," she said, looking at my dress.

I handed her a drink, "Here ya go. I know, it's kind of like a napkin." I said.

Kate laughed, almost spilling her drink all over her chin.