Chapter 16

I sat down on Jimin's couch in a white robe, holding a glass of champagne. Jimin sat across from me, on the other couch on a call, "And his pass has been canceled? Good. No. Thank you, Jerry. Good night."

I sighed as I tried to get comfortable.

"Well, at least that's dealt with. Hyde's out. He's been fired." Jimin said, putting his phone between his legs.

"Woah. How? That's...You...I...But I thought your deal with SIP hasn't been finished yet." I said, holding my glass.

"It's not. But I know the CEO. I told him what happened. You'll never have to see him again." Jimin added.

"Am I still gonna have a job now that he's not there?" I asked and looked at him.

"Well, if you don't, you can, you can just..." Jimin said shaking his head as he thought.

"Jimin, you know I love working. You can't keep me locked up in your penthouse." I said as I rested my glass on my leg.

Jimin chuckled and looked at me, "What if I gave you a key?"

A key? To what? His...place? Wait...what does he mean?

"I mean...what if you had a key, and you kept some of your stuff here--or all of your stuff here and...and you slept, you know...not at your place?" Jimin said, stuttering.

"Are you asking me to move i-In with you?" I asked, watching a smile grow on his face as he nodded, "Mm-hmm."

I smiled back at him, "Are you sure?"

"Yes." He said, getting up from the piano. "I want you here all the time." Jimin then sat next to me, "As soon as possible." He grabbed my glass and set it on the table next to the couch and held my hand.

"What happened to learning to walk before we run?" I asked.

"Well, that's just one of the many things that we can talk about over breakfast." Jimin smiled.

I laughed softly and looked into his eyes. Examining him. Wondering if he was truly being serious. "Can I think about it?"

Jimin smiled and nodded, "Sure. Yeah."

I smiled and kissed him.

The next day, I went to work. I peeked in Jack's off and saw Liz looking through stacks of papers.

"Liz, hi," I said walking in.

"Y/N. Don't know if you heard, but Jack resigned last night. In-kind of a hurry. SIP isn't recruiting right now, so we're screwed." Liz said as she shrugged and sighed.

"So you don't need me anymore then?" I asked.

Liz looked up at me, "We're gonna try to find you something temporary. Could you fill in for Jack at this morning's meeting?"

"At the senior editors meeting?" I asked in shock.

"Just for today. You're the only one who knows Jack's entire slate." Liz said as she picked up the stack of papers and separated them.

"Well, yeah, but I-I-I..." I stopped to think.

"You're right, it's too much," Liz said looking at all the papers.

"No, I can do it. It's fine. I can do it." I said with a grin.

Liz smiled, "Great." She picked up one stack of papers and walked over to me and placed them into my hands, "Call me when you're done."

I smiled as I tried to hold the stakes of files and papers. Woah...

"We need to print fewer titles." A man says, sitting across the table from me, "Stick with established authors, focus on our core readership." Everyone looked away. Uninterested.