Part 28

(If you didn't know, Irene is from the kpop girl group Red velvet. Her real name is Bae joohyun. Enjoy this chapter!!)

"Bae Joohyun?"

Irene's POV

I froze, my hands started trembling and my eyes didn't break contact with his. Jennie looked back as well and she looked more annoying than scared of the man. Did she know him? She shouldn't have gotten involved with him.
"Irene unnie, are you okay? Your hands are shaking" Jennie asked as she held my hands, trying to calm it down.
"I-i" I stuttered and still didnt break my eye contact with Jay until he smirked.
"What's wrong Joohyun? Are you still scared of me?" He said as he laughed.
"Who's Joohyun? That's not her name. What do you mean if she's still scared of you?" Jennie asked while looking at Jay but turned back to me. I snapped back to reality and wanted to run away already.
"I'm sorry Jennie but i have to go. I'll talk you next time" I said and ran away as fast as i could. My house was up the hill so it was quite a long run but as i was running, i heard someone following me. My heart started pounding due to panicking and started running even faster. The person eventually caught up to me and patted my shoulder.
"Please please don't do anything to me! I've already moved on and i didn't tell anyone about us so please... just let me go" I said quickly as i covered my head and sat on the floor.
"Unnie...are you okay?" The person said. Luckily it was Jennie. She looked so confused and was scared herself as well. I stood up and hugged her.
"I- i'm fine Jennie, you should go home and DONT talk to the man we just saw or at least don't get involved in a relationship with him" I warned her.
"What's wrong? Why can't i? Did he do something?" She asked loudly. I covered her mouth with my hands, preventing anyone else to hear.
"I'll bring you to my house and we can talk about it" I said still covering her mouth. She nodded and obeyed me. We walked quickly and quietly up the hill. My husband was at home so he can protect both of us at least if Jay finds my house.

Jennie's POV

Both of us ran up the hill and tried to keep our foot steps as quiet as possible. What's going on? Why did she run away right after meeting Jay? Everything was running through my mind and i tried to concentrate on running away with Irene unnie.

We finally arrived at her house and... Holy shit. The house had three stories and was huge.
"Oh my god unnie, this is your house??" I whispered to her. She nodded and we both rushed in the house.
"Babe is that you?" A man yelled through the room. I looked at Irene unnie to see if she knew about the voice i heard.
"It's my husband" She clarified.
"Hey babe, where are you?" She screamed.
"I'm coming" He replied. Irene unnie took me to the coach and gave me a cup of water. I can tell she was trying to calm herself down after what happened.
"He-oh who's that?" A man asked while walking down the stairs. Irene unnie's whole face lit up right after she saw him.
She got up and hugged him tightly.
"Jennie, this is Jackson Wang, my husband. Babe, this is my new friends Jennie. I met her at the work party" She introduced us.
"Nice to meet you, Jennie" He said and shook my hand.
"My pleasure" I said back.
"Why are your hands shaking? Are you okay?" Jackson said as he rubbed irene unnie's hands.
"Let's sit down and talk first" She insisted.

"I just met my ex... Jay was my abusive boyfriend and i was taken advantage by him. He forced me to be with him even if i didn't want him to, so when i saw him again after four years, it was traumatizing. Jay even forced me that if i told anyone about this, he would kill me..." Irene unnie explained, holding back her tears.

My hands slowly covered my opened mouth, after hearing what she said. No No No this can't be happening. I'm married to an abusive person, or even worse, A PSYCHOPATH.
"Jennie... please stay away from him" She begged me.
"I-I can't. I'm arranged with him in a marriage. My dads company is unstable and he was the only way to help me" I said.
"Oh no... did he do anything to you?" She asked.
"After our marriage, i went abroad to study so luckily i didn't have anything to do with him but you... you've been through a lot"  I said patting her hands.

All of a sudden, we heard a knock. Jackson immediately stood up and squinted his eyes, trying to look outside the window.
"Jennie, you have to go. I bet you the person who just knocked is Jay. There is a playground near my house, go there and act like we never talked about this. Please i'm begging you... be careful too. Let's meet another day" She said and lightly pushed me towards the back door of their house. I didn't say anything and just left quietly. I stayed behind the house for a while to see what was happening.

"Hello there sir." Jay said.
"Who are you?" Jackson said in an irritating voice.
"Doesn't Joohyun live here? Are you her boyfriend?" Jay asked.
"I'm sorry sir but no one here is named Joohyun. I think you may have found the wrong house" Jackson argued.
"Fine" Jay said right before Jackson slammed the door.

This was my cue to leave. I ran quickly and quietly towards the park where Irene told me.

Jay's POV

This guy dared to slam the door right in front of my face, that asshole. I ran around the area and kept looking for Jennie. Where the fuck is she!? Did Joohyun take her away somewhere??
I stopped running after i heard someone on the swings. It's Jennie. I finally fucking found her after running my energy away.

"Where the fuck were you??" I screamed at her.
"I just wanted to play on the park. Chill your ass down" She said.
"Did Irene tell you anything?" I glared at her.
"Tell me what? What does she have to tell me? And even if she had to tell me anything, what does it have to do with you? The only thing i know that she can tell me about you is reminding me again that you're a fucking asshole" She yelled and walked away from me towards her house. I just rolled my eyes and followed her.

"Don't follow me and go home. I can't deal with you for another fucking second...asshole"
- Jennie