Part 3: Nothing has changed

As she entered Joes Bar she discovered him immediately at a corner table next to the dartboard. She approached him and sat down on the chair ordering a glass of tequila. "Hey" she then said looking at him happily. "Hey" he replied with the same happiness in his voice. "So talking." She stated ripping off the tape without anaesthesia. "Talking" he simply gave back taking a sip of his bear. "I'm sorry for earlier I was just overwhelmed... I really didn't expect to see you again" "It's okay" he gave back looking at her reassuringly.

They were talking a few minutes until Maggie and Amelia came over from the bar as they were waiting for Winston and Link to go on a double date. "Hey Mer!" Maggie said as she approached the table Meredith and Andrew were sitting at. "Hi! uhm... Andrew this is Maggie Pierce head of cardio and my sister, and this is Amelia Shepherd head of neuro and also my sister, well Derek's sister... my sister-in-law. Maggie, Amelia this is Andrew DeLuca an old friend of mine" Meredith said introducing them to each other. "Nice to meet you" Amelia said as she shook Andrews hand just when Winston and Link came through the door. "It was nice meeting you DeLuca we gotta go. See you later Mer." Maggie said waving good bye as they made their ways over to their boyfriends. "Sister?" Andrew said looking at Meredith questioningly. "Yeah... well turned out Ellis' and Richard's Affair had a positive side" she said smiling challenging. "No way!" he said and they immediately got back into a deep conversation about life. Meredith told Andrew about Maggie and Amelia as well as her kids and some surgical things and Andrew told her about Carina and her Praxis in Italy, his mother among a few other things. Meredith hadn't expected the time to go by so quickly and she honestly thought it'd be strange but talking to him was as simple and easy as it was always.

"It's getting late... I probably should head home the nanny is going to leave at 10pm and its already 9.30 so..." Meredith began standing up from the table. "Sure! Can I bring you home?" Andrew said helping her in her coat and handing her her purse. "You don't have to I'll take a cab... Maggie took my car... and I'll just take a cab... It's fine I-" Meredith began but Andrew interrupted her rambling "You're still rambling that much huh?" with a huge smile on his face "I'm taking you. Let's go".

The whole ride home they sat in silence except the times Meredith was giving Andrew directions to her house. After a good but quiet 10 minute ride they stood in front of the front door. "So?! See you tomorrow?" he said looking at her with something sparkling in his eyes. She wasn't quite sure what it was but she was sure she'd seen it before in those calming, loving, hazel brown eyes of his. 'Oh no Mer... you can't fall for him again... you two practically just met today... Not good' she thought as she looked at him while she didn't know that he was trying not to look at her smooth, pink lips which he wanted to kiss so badly. "Yeah. Tomorrow! Sure. At the hospital. Yeah see you tomorrow" she then said breaking their silent starring and turning around to unlock the door.

"Bye" she said as she went inside smiling at him one last time. As soon as the door was closed he let out a deep sigh. He couldn't have just kissed her right? He felt the same as when he was a teenager. His feelings for her hadn't changed a bit but he was sure she didn't felt the same especially after all this time. On the other side of the door Meredith was frozen on the spot, leaning against the door. If she'd stood there another minute she was sure she couldn't have stopped herself from finally kissing him. She didn't know that she still felt like this... after all those years... she felt like a teenager again, but she was sure he didn't felt the same.

So there the two of them stood, just a wooden door in-between, not knowing that they still felt the same about each other, scared to commit it, scared that the other wouldn't feel the same.

TO BE CONTINUED...