Part 45: I want to wake up

TW
He woke up to a loud and awful beeping noise, immediately realising that he was hangover. As to be expected. Meredith begun to stir in his arms as he slowly sat up, realising that it was his pager beeping. When he looked at it he saw that Bailey had paged him to her office. Oh no. On his first day as an attending he had shouted at a nurse and got drunk during his shift. He gave Meredith a quick kiss on the forehead before standing up and walking out of the room towards the elevator.

When he reached the chief's office he knocked and was told to come inside where he was met with Bailey, sitting behind her desk and Nicole sitting in front of it. Great.

"You paged?" he asked trying to ignore Nicole's presence. "Please take a seat Dr. DeLuca." Dr. Bailey answered, gesturing towards the empty chair next to the nurse whom was looking at him accusingly. He sat down and folded his hands in his lap, acting as innocent as possible, knowing that he had screwed up. Big time.

"Dr. DeLuca, Mrs. Johnson here has told me that you acted unprofessional towards her, meaning that you yelled at her without a good reason." Bailey begun which made Andrew scoff.

"Seriously?" he asked, looking at Nicole who just starred ahead at Bailey.

"Dr. DeLuca answer the question. Is it true that you yelled at her and told her to shut up while accusing her of being unable to do her job right?"

"Yes I did but I also did have a reason" he replied.

"And what would that be?"

"Are you being serious? She knows exactly why I said what I said."

"But I don't and I'd like to know"

"This is so stupid" he scoffed, laughing, while looking from Bailey to Nicole and back.

"I'm not going to repeat what she said. You'll never hear the words she used coming out of my mouth. Suspend me. Do whatever you want but I'm not going to repeat the awful things she said about Mer- Dr. Grey."

"Mrs Johnson?" Bailey said, looking from Andrew to Nicole.

"I just said the truth." She muttered which made Andrew angry. He could feel the heat rising in him again as he was close to punch her right in the face. Instead he just shook his head unbelievably and looked over to the window where bright sunlight was shining right into the office, making his headache only worse.

"Also he got drunk before his shift had ended" Nicole suddenly said, making Bailey look up from her hands.

"DeLuca?"

"I feel like we're in kindergarten"

"Yes me too. Don't you think I have more important things to do than be your dispute arbitrator? Do you think it's fun hearing you accusing one another? Because it's not. But I'm chief so unluckily that's my job. DeLuca did you or did you not got drunk before your shift ended?"

"Yes I did and I'm not going to apologies. Everyone has his own way of coping." He said, immediately regretting it. Because now he was thinking about Meredith's way of coping right now. When she wanted to numb her pain she grabbed a scalpel. He grabbed a bottle.

Bailey seemed to notice what was going on inside of him. "Mrs. Johnson could you wait outside please I want to talk to Dr. DeLuca alone" she said, making Nicole frown, but she did as asked and stood up.

When they heard the door close behind them a tear escaped Andrew's eyes, but he quickly wiped it away not wanting anyone, especially his boss seeing him cry.

But Bailey saw it and sighed.

"I'm sorry about what I said yesterday." She said but Andrew shook his head.