Part 13: I don't want to hurt you

"Meredith.... The first moment I saw you on those stairs in front of your house, waiting for your mom to come home I- you-... I was just six but you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. The more time passed the more I learned to appreciate what a remarkable friend I have in you. The more time passed, the older we got you got even more beautiful and that was never unnoticed by me. Well... unfortunately I wasn't the only guy in high school who saw how beautiful you are but I'm pretty sure I was the only one who not just got to be your friend but also saw the amazing girl you were and how kind and funny and so many more things and I- then I had to leave you. I had to leave you to move across the whole world which was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do." He begun while Meredith just stared at him in shock. She clearly hadn't expected him to say something like that. So many amazingly perfect words.

"But then, I got an offer to work as a surgical fellow in Seattle and there you were. The moment I saw you there in the doorway next to the OR board I- all those feelings returned like nothing ever happened in-between, like I've never left, like I was there the whole time and I-... you still are the most beautiful person in the world and an even more amazing and strong woman and I know what happened to you in the past few years is a lot and I am asking a lot but I- you- and I should have written that down" he said which made her chuckle, causing the tears that had welled up in her eyes to slip over and roll down her cheeks. He smiled at her and she smiled back at him. Still holding both of his hands in hers she wasn't able to say a word.

"What I'm trying to say is... uhm... I- every time I saw you smile the past few weeks I just- I just wanted to kiss you. That's all I've ever could think about when I looked at you and now- and on the plane you said slow and I- I want slow. I want to do this. With you. I want to kiss you Meredith Grey" he finished and as she didn't reply or moved away he just did it. He captured her lips with his, released her hands from his grip and slung his arms around her petite figure. The kiss was soft and perfect. And the fact that she didn't pull away and run like he had expected made him the happiest guy in the world.

"I like slow" she mummed against his lips as they slightly parted. "I- uhm I feel like I should say something too but I- Andrew I want this. I want to be happy. But I don't know if I'm ready and I- you know me. I run. I run away when things get complicated and this scares me. Because I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hurt you by running but I'm scared that I will because I don't know if I'm ready. All those things you said, all those perfect things I- I just don't want to hurt you. You deserve someone who doesn't hurt you Andrew. And I know I will hurt you. But I don't want to because I- those feelings you talked about I- yes. I feel them too I- I felt them then and I feel them now but I- I don't want to hurt you." She breathed as more tears started to fall down her soft cheeks.

"Meredith" he sighed wiping away some of her tears, letting his hand rest at the side of her face as she leaned into his touch, closing her eyes. "I know that you are not ready and I know that you don't want to hurt me but like you said. You want to be happy. And I know that a lot of people already told you this but you have to do something for your so-called happy ending."

"I feel like I've heard those exact words just a few days ago... I'm sorry" she said opening her eyes again, looking at him.

"Mer, even if you are not ready and I am risking to get hurt I want this too. Slow, I want slow. And I want to be with you. Even if there is a possibility to get hurt I want nothing more than that. And uhm- those is probably not the right thing to say right now because it could scare you away but I could hurt you too Mer, you know. Okay that really didn't sound right. I would never want you to get hurt but what I'm trying to say is that there is no kind of relationship where you can't hurt each other. In every relationship there is a possibility that one can hurt the other, not on purpose but the possibility is there, so... every human who get involved in a relationship risks getting hurt by the other person. It's about trust. And I trust you Meredith." He said smiling at her sadly.

"I trust you too" she whispered as the smile returned to her lips. "Can I please kiss you again?" he whispered moving closer to her, waving his arms around her waist. "Yeah" she whispered against his lips as they started to kiss for the second time. This time it was a little more passionate than the first time but still very delicate and gentle.

It was all he had ever wanted. It felt amazing. Perfect. Right. It felt right. He had kissed many girls before but they were nothing compared what he shared with Meredith right in this moment. 

TO BE CONTINUED...
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

AN: Sorry that it took me so long to update, I finished the chapter some days ago but I thought it was a little short so sorry =) I hope you like it though