Part 31: Going on

TW: ED

He woke up to Meredith already being awake, starring at the ceiling, still curled into his side. "Hey" he said softly and she turned her head only to reveal fresh tears making their way down her cheek. "What's wrong?" he asked concerned, turning onto his sight to look at her properly.
"I- I didn't tell you everything last night" she said with a shaky voice, turning onto her side to face him as well. "What do you mean?" he said honestly being both confused and scared at the same time of what she was going to say next.

"I- after I lost the first few pounds I- realized how much more I- I liked my own body like- I didn't even know I had that kind of issues but- the more I lost, the better I felt and- I feel so guilty for thinking this way but; I'm scared to eat something Andrew I-I'm scared to gain weight." She finished, continuing looking into his eyes the whole time while the tears run down her face. But she wasn't the only one having tears in her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't want- I probably shouldn't have..." but she didn't go on as Andrew softly kissed her forehead, letting her feel his presence instead of reassuring words.

"I'm here. For all of what is going to happen. And you can tell me anything Mer, even if it makes me cry and I- gosh I just want to take all this pain away from you" he then said, pulling her closer again, letting the tears now fall down freely too.

They just laid there, crying, holding each other, trying to comfort each other and at the same time prepare for the future. "We're pathetic aren't we?" Meredith suddenly chuckled after quite some time which made Andrew laugh slightly as well. "As long as you're with me I'm okay with pathetic." He said.

"Cheesy" she replied with a smile but then added in a more serious tone. "I really wouldn't know what I'd do without you."

"Luckily you'll never have to find out" he sighed, stroking her hair carefully. "Just- thank you. For sticking with me." She said, taking in his familiar scent. "I gave a promise. I love you Mer. You're stuck with me." He replied, smiling into her hair.

"Good. I love you too Andrew" she said, placing a kiss on his chest.

Suddenly the door burst open which made both Meredith and Andrew jump up. "Guys it's 8.25 and you're not even dressed." Amelia said with a toothbrush still hanging out of her mouth while she put on her shoes. "We're not going in" Andrew replied, laying back down and pulling Meredith with him. "Well... you could've told me that because now I don't have a ride" she said angrily still standing in the door.

"I-I'm sorry I completely forgot" Meredith said, trying to get up again but Andrew made sure she couldn't. He held her down by her waist, not saying anything.

"Like I could trust you anyways" Amelia mummed as she turned around and walked down the hallway. Meredith took a shaky breath, trying to calm herself down and not think about what Amelia just said. Andrew sensing her uncomfortableness kissed the top of her head and whispered a few soothing things in her ear, until she eventually fell asleep again.

He laid there thinking. He couldn't understand how Amelia could be mad at Meredith because she was scared to tell him about the miscarriage. Meredith was totally right, Amelia hadn't had any right to bring her in this situation, practically forcing her to tell him while she wasn't ready. Technically Meredith would have to be the one being mad at Amelia but she wasn't. She had become so insecure that she, even if she knew she was right, felt like Amelia had a right to be mad at her, and let her say things like that.

He carefully entangled himself from Meredith's grip to talk to Amelia, who was hopefully still downstairs and not already on her way to the hospital. Quickly, he ran downstairs and entered the kitchen, finding Amelia packing her bag.

"Hey" he said coldly, which made her turn around. "Why are you mad at Mer?" he asked with furrowed brows. "What do you care?" she answered, her voice thick with anger. "I care because every time you say something like you just did you break her." He said carefully.

"And what's that supposed to mean" she replied, still not looking at him. "Amelia, Mer is struggling I- I am pretty sure she has an eating disorder" he said quietly and concerned, which made Amelia turn around for the first time. "An eating disorder?" she said shocked, looking right into his eyes now.

"She hasn't been eating more than an apple a day for the past month and she gets insecure about everything in like no time" he said as both of them sat down. "I-I didn't know I- did-did the miscarriage trigger it?" she asked quietly. "Yes I think so but- I'm really not supposed to tell you about this it's just... could you please stop being so harsh to her?" he replied, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm sorry I just- it's... I got pregnant once... and I was scared to tell my boyfriend back then so I kept it a secret for a long time and he- well when he found out he was mad at me and when my son was born... His-his name was Christopher... he died about an hour after he was born. It's just that I didn't want you to leave her like my boyfriend did back then I-" but she couldn't go any further as her eyes filled with tears. Andrew shocked by this story stood up and hugged her. "I'm sorry I didn't know about that" he said quietly as they stood like this for a couple of minutes until Amelia suddenly broke the silence and they pulled apart. "I-I have to go to the hospital I have surgery in half an hour- we have to fix her. She should go see a therapist."

"Yeah, I'll talk to her about it" he replied as Amelia headed out of the room. "Take care of her" she said as she disappeared through the front door and left a helpless Andrew standing in the hallway. 

TO BE CONTINUED...