Part 26: Nightmares

"No" he suddenly heard her say. "Please" she whimpered and he instantly realised that she was having a nightmare. "Mer" he said as he gently shook her shoulder. "No please" she cried quietly. "Meredith wake up!" he said a little louder and she jolted awake, breathing heavily. "It's okay it was just a nightmare" he said as he brought her closer to him as she tried to control her breathing. "I'm sorry" she whispered. "It's not your fault Mer, don't apologies, you can't control what you're dreaming."

Control. Again. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked carefully. "It's stupid" she replied honestly because it was exactly that. Stupid. "It's not stupid when it almost makes you have a panic attack in the middle of the night." He replied as she slowly calmed down in his arms. "No it's really stupid" she said quietly bagging that he would let it drop. "You can tell me when you're ready okay?" he then said. "Thank you" she sighed relieved, crawling further under the blanket.

About ten minutes later he was asleep again, while Meredith still laid there, fully awake. She had dreamed about Andrew leaving her. She had made a mistake and he had left. She slowly raised her left hand and looked at the ring.

. "-this is a promise ring. I promise, that I'll be here for you no matter what happens. That you can tell me everything. At any time. Even if it's three o'clock in the morning, you can always come to me. I love you Meredith Grey and no matter where this relationship is going, I promise you I'll never leave. I'll never run. I Promise."

She smiled about the memory of him saying those words. He wouldn't leave her because of one stupid mistake right? 'Well hopefully we'll never have to find out' she thought, knowing that she won't be able to fall back asleep tonight. She turned her head to look at the clock which was standing on her nightstand. It was 4.53 am. Only two more hours until they would have to get up for work.

Andrew had been staying at her place for two days now. If she was honest, she had dreamed about Andrew leaving her ever since the dinner on his first day at her house. But tonight was the first night he had noticed. Maybe she should sleep on the couch to prevent herself from waking him with her stupid nightmares. Luckily no one had noticed that she was practically eating nothing now. She eats an apple for breakfast to make sure her blood sugar level wouldn't drop so that she won't collapse somewhere during work and always moved her surgeries to a time where she would miss lunch. Only dinner was a problem because the table was very crowded now that Andrew lived with them and Maggie's as well as Amelia's boyfriend seem to stay at the house every single night. She tried to eat as little as possible without anyone noticing which got more difficult over the time.

But it was working. She was losing weight, which felt very relieving after everything that happened the past few weeks. She had control over at least one thing.

She laid awake thinking about well... everything until suddenly the alarm went off. She quickly closed her eyes to pretend that she was still asleep as Andrew moved to stop the beeping noise and then kissed her on the cheek and mummed: "Morning" and she replied with a 'good morning' too as she kissed him back. "Could you fall back asleep after..." he begun and she quickly said: "Yeah, I'm okay"

When they got downstairs and entered the kitchen, Amelia greeted them with a cold "morning" but Meredith didn't reply. Andrew frowned at her reaction and replied with a warm "morning" as he sat down at the table. Meredith just sat there and stared at the edge of the table while Andrew got himself some cereal. "Do you don't want to eat something?" Andrew asked as he sat down next to her again and started eating. "I'm not hungry. I'll be right back" she replied, stood up and walked out of the room.

"Something is going on with her. But she won't talk about it..." Andrew started carefully, looking at Amelia expectantly. "Whatever, I don't care" she replied, walking out of the room too. He sighed as he continued to eat alone. He was really worried about her. Even if she thought he hadn't noticed, he saw how little she was eating and it really worried him. But he was scared to ask her about it. 

TO BE CONTINUED...

comment some ideas if you want =)