Part 40: Help

As soon as he had admitted her and settled her in her room while she was still fast asleep he had practically bribed the nurses to let him stay overnight so that he could at least explain himself to her when she would wake up in a hospital. In psych ward.

He hadn't slept a single minute that night, afraid that she might wake up and be scared and he wouldn't notice. Around seven in the morning then she begun to stir. Her eyes were still closed as she begun to spoke.

"You should go. I- I give you an out. I love you too much so I really don't want to do this to you. It is my fault. I- lost control over it and- I would understand... if you- It's a lot to deal with and- and I- I give you an out. You can go if you want because I know I- I'm- I want you to go. I don't want you to have to stay and suffer from this. I never wanted to hurt you and I- I'm scared but I'll be okay- you can leave- if you want to you can go. Because you deserve so much better than this. You really shouldn't have to deal with this."

He was shocked. She still had her eyes closed. She still didn't know she was in the hospital.

"Meredith I love you. I have loved you ever since I first met you. The time without you nearly killed me. I can't live without you. And I know that this is the worst time for this but- I want to marry you one day. You are the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. You are the person I want to wake up next to every single morning. You are the person I want to see last before I fall asleep. You are the person I want to have a future with. In sickness and health, I'm here for you and I'm not leaving." He said, looking at her from the side. "You are my life Meredith. And I don't want to live without you."

"You deserve so much better" she cried. "No. You're my everything Mer. I don't need anything else to be happy" he responded with tears in his eyes.

"You admitted me didn't you?" she whispered in a shy voice, her eyes still closed, her tiny body still cuddled into Andrew's. "H-how did you-" he was completely confused. "This is not our bed" she said with a shaky voice, tears streaming down her cheeks but she kept her eyes closed not wanting any of this to be true.

"Mer it's- it's for your own good. What happened yesterday I- you need help Mer. More help that I can give you. It breaks my heart to see you struggling like this and it's the best for you if you stay at the hospital for a couple of weeks. You have to get better. I love you so much and I don't want anything to happen to you. I'm trying to protect you, from yourself Mer." He said sadly as she curled deeper into him and he hugged her even tighter.

"I hope you understand" he whispered, pressing a soft kiss into her hair which still smelled like lavender from the shower they took together yesterday, pressing his eyes shut. She begun to sniffle and then said: "I understand."

Her voice was so soft and frightened that it broke is heart. She wasn't mad. She knew that she needed help. And she seemed ready to get this help.

Right in this moment a nurse came in, placing a trail with food on the table next to the bed before leaving again.

"Did they brought food?" Meredith asked scared, still hiding her face in Andrew's chest as he responded with a quiet "Yeah" still holding her tight.

Just a few seconds later Dr. Wyatt entered the room. "Good morning Meredith, Andrew. I'm here to discuss the treatment plan with you if you feel up to it now." She said, pulling a chair at the end of Meredith's bed.

Meredith slowly distanced herself from Andrew, opening her eyes for the first time before sitting up in bed, leaning against the pillow and looking around the room. Then Andrew stood up from the bed, sitting down on the chair right next to her bed.

"And I'm sorry but you have to go. Visitors should only come in visiting hour. It's important for the recovery that she learns to eat by herself." Dr. Wyatt said to Andrew who looked at her sadly, with bags under his eyes. "And you look tired, you should get some sleep" she then added.