Part 10: We'll do this slow

Andrew knew that this was not the right time for this to happen. For him to express his feelings. Because at first, Meredith was someone who would run away and he knew that. It's what she does, but she can't escape him on a plane. Well on the one side that was rather positive because she was forced to talk to him but he wouldn't want her to get uncomfortable. And secondly he knew that she would rather not return his feelings or not be ready to be in a relationship again. Not that he would want to be in a relationship with her, well he wanted that but there still was a possibility that even after all those years they weren't meant to be together. Maybe all the universe had planned was them to be good friends and he wouldn't risk his friendship with Meredith for anything. 'Wow now I'm thinking about what the universe is planning. Since when do I believe in stuff like that' he thought to himself as he watched her sleeping next to him. A few minutes after the plane had taken off she had fallen asleep next to him, or was at least pretending to be in a deep sleep because she wanted to avoid a possible conversation with him.

About an hour later Meredith couldn't longer pretend to be asleep. Her mind was racing about what just happened. If they hadn't been on a plane and if she hadn't said that 'this was not a good idea' they would have kissed. She was sure about that. But she didn't know if she was ready to have feelings for someone or even kiss him. 'Someone- not him- someone. This is not about Andrew' she thought as she opened her eyes and pretended to wake up after a restful nap. "I'll be right back" she said, not looking at him and quickly making her way through between the seat-lines to the back of the plane.

Luckily the seat next to Maggie was empty and she wasn't asleep. She sat there listening to music while reading a book. Meredith quickly sat down next to her, which made her take out her headphones. "You okay?" she asked looking at Meredith concerned. "Yeah I'm great" she said a little too harsh. "Sorry, I- uhm I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?" Maggie asked confused. "I- uh... after- after Derek died I thought that all my feelings had died with him but- well I was wrong." She said not looking at her sister. "So... do you mean you and Andrew-" she begun "No- no. I- ... uh- no" Meredith interrupted looking up at her with fear in her eyes.

"I just got happy in a world without Derek and without Cristina and I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. But I don't think that I am ready for those feelings." She continued. Maggie let out a sight before she started talking again "Okay. Meredith I get that you are probably scared to let yourself feel something again after Derek died and that you don't want to get hurt, but life is short. Especially you should know that life is short and I am sure that Derek wouldn't want you to be lonely. It might be difficult in the beginning to overcome those fears and to let yourself feel something but it would be worth it. And Andrew is a great guy who- ", "who said this was about Andrew?!" Meredith interrupted again. "I'm sorry. Thank you Maggie, you're right I have to try to move on." She continued while some tears begun to form in her eyes. "That's what sisters are for" she said as she put her headphones back in and Meredith made her way back to her seat, where she was sure she had to talk to Andrew.

"Hey. You okay?" he asked as he noticed the tears in her eyes as she sat back down. "I'm fine" she said but her shaky voice told otherwise.

"I'm scared. I'm scared to feel something and I am scared to get hurt. I know you would never- but I- and you- and then there is this thing and I don't know if I'm ready" she rambled. Andrew was stunned by her words. She wasn't able to form a whole sentence but he knew exactly what she wanted to say. Nevertheless, he didn't expect her to open up to him about it so quickly and he just kept staring at her. "Can you say something?" she then asked quietly. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't. His mouth wasn't able to form a word and his mind was blank. This was not how he had imagined neither the going of their flight nor the way he would tell her his feelings for her. This was all over not the right time nor the right place but she did the first step. She had opened up to him and he was lost of words.

"Okay. I get it." She then said before he could do anything as she turned in her seat, now facing away from him. He had had a chance. He had a chance to say something and he messed up. With staying silent he had hurt her but still, he had no words.

"Meredith- I... I'm sorry. I just didn't expect you to... to open up to me like this and,- but that doesn't mean that I don't feel something because I do- I know what you mean I just didn't imagine it to be like this- I just, I really like you and I get that you're scared and that you- oh god this is really not like I've imagined it..." he said to the figure on the seat next to him, curled up in the red blanket, still facing away from him but chuckling at his rambling as she finally turned around. The fear in her eyes was still visible but the bright smile on her lips made him smile too and showed him that it was true. All of it, he hadn't just brought it up, there was something between them and she felt it too.

The way he looks at her:

"Okay" she then said, still smiling bright

"Okay" she then said, still smiling bright. "Okay" he gave back still looking at her, thinking about what was going to happen the next few days, weeks or however long it was going to take her to let him in. The only thing he knew for sure was that he would wait for her because she was worth every second.

TO BE CONTINUED...

AN: Honestly I didn't plan on writing it like this cause I normally just start writing and don't think about what I want to write so I don't know if this is any good haha...