Part 35: Dehydrated

TW! SH & ED

Five small cuts. She made five very small cuts. It didn't bleed much but she bandaged them with a thin bandage for safety's sake and to make sure Andrew wouldn't see them. It felt amazing. Relieving. By turning some of the emotional pain into physical pain she instantly begun to breathe steadier. She grabbed the pullover that was hanging on the hook on the backside of the door and put it on so that Andrew wouldn't see the bandage.

She opened the door and nearly bumped into him since he was hovering directly behind the door.

"Mer, I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound harsh. I'm really sorry." He said, placing his hands on her upper arms. But surprisingly she just smiled at him. "It's okay. You're right I should go" she said, pulling on a leggings and walking out of the room.

Andrew just stood there in shock. Not able to follow her. What had just happened? She wasn't even mad... He went into the bathroom and looked around. There was nothing different. Everything seemed normal.

He quickly changed into some clothes. When he came downstairs he found Meredith sitting on one of the bottom stairs, tying her shoes. "Do you want me to drive you?" he asked carefully. "No I'll be fine, thanks" she replied, turned towards him and smiled slightly before heading out of the door. A minute later he heard the car and then silence. He sat down and leaned against the wall.

Suddenly he felt someone sit down beside him. As he turned around he saw both Maggie and Amelia, sitting on the stairs above. "Amy told me... about Mer" Maggie said slowly, looking down.

"She just went to her therapy session." He said, looking from Amelia to Maggie and back.

__________

"Do you think you can talk about that 'something' that you spoke about yesterday?" Dr. Wyatt asked as she looked at Meredith who was sitting on her usual spot on the couch, watching the fishes in the aquarium.

"I don't know" she whispered in response, still not looking at the other woman. "You said you were in a relationship?" she continued, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Yeah" Meredith said, smiling slightly. "You seem happy about that" Dr. Wyatt continued. "Yes I'm happy. He is- my best friend. I have known him since I was five years old. I- he moved to Seattle about half a year ago I think." Meredith said, still smiling at the fishes.

"When was the last time you saw him before he came back?" Dr. Wyatt asked, scribbling something in her notebook. "He moved to Italy with his mother when I was 18 or 19. We haven't spoken since then until he came back." She replied, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Is this your first relationship since Derek?" the therapist asked and Meredith nodded before saying: "It was hard in the beginning. I was scared but- it feels right. And I hate myself for being so romantic and cliché-like but I love him." Meredith replied, looking at Dr. Wyatt for the first time.

"I'm happy for you. What was your relationship with him like when you were teenagers?" Dr. Wyatt continued. "I think- I was in love with him back then. But I was scared to admit it and then he was gone and I never told him" she replied sadly.

"And what is your relationship like now?"

"I don't know. I- I love him a-and- but I-I don't know if- and I don't know w-what he thinks where this i-is going." Meredith replied nervously.

"You get nervous when you talk about your relationship. Why is this?"

"I-I don't- I'm s-scared t-to lose him" she stuttered while just by the thought she again felt tears building up in her eyes.