Chapter 22

Izuku's POV

The last three days were like heaven! I and Katsuki spent a lot of time together! I am falling deeper for this man every day. I can't with his hotness.

Ikio and Mitsuki came back early in the morning after Katsuki left. Ikio seemed like he missed me just as much as I did. The moment he was handed over, he quickly grabbed ie.

How cute! We just couldn't stop cooing at him! Mitsuki then hurried out since she had to get back to work. I gave her goodbye and went inside with Ikio.

What Shoto told me that day was still in my mind. I wanted to help him. I t that's something personal and private to his family!

I can't just barge in, telling them my opinions and views. It would be awkward.

I felt a vibration in my arms, I looked down to find a cute yawn from Ikio.

His doe eyes crinkled when his cute toothless mouth opened wide. After a few moments, he looked confused. He seemed to be wondering what he just did done. That was so cute he was looking down at himself with wide eyes!

I quickly boil Ikio's milk while he seemed to find my pinkie finger interesting. He kept holding on to it, trying to grasp it with his own hands.

I even thought that maybe he was trying to compare his own hands with my pinkie. It was quite funny to watch.

He still can't balance his head properly. (It's a baby thing, I guess)

Today he seemed determined to lift his head on his own, after his short milk snack. I looked at him quietly giggling at times. He would try to lift his head, which would be quite a few centimeters before he drops them again on my shoulder.

He kept trying it until he felt like he had used up all his energy. I take him up to his room and cradle him a little before putting him back into his crib. I felt slight dizziness but decided to ignore it.

As time went by, it kept striking in, I had to support myself using the wall or something to prevent myself from slipping onto the floor.

I was worried for a second there. But the thing is I can't do any work with my dizziness. I am afraid I might drop something or break something.

I tried to avoid skinship with Ikio as much as I can because I was scared I might drop Ikio. As the evening came rolling in, I had a bad gut feeling.

Maybe something's wrong? What if I am sick of something? *gasp* am I pregnant? That was so stupid, I am a guy! I can't be pregnant... right?

I think Ikio could feel my uneasiness because the poor baby was winning the whole day. My heart broke, hearing his sniffles. Unlike usual, he didn't stop crying at all.

I tried my best to put him to bed, even though he was crying and trying to tell me something, which of course I didn't understand. The usual lullaby didn't work either.

I had a very tough time putting him to sleep. And making dinner was the worst part. I decided on Ramen, it took me longer than usual for sure.

I kept slipping while holding something and I think I also nearly cut my finger a few times. I was so precise and careful while chopping the vegetables.

I had to be extra careful with everything. Even while I was holding water or when I was picking up the utensils to put them in the sink.

I didn't wait for Katsuki today, since all that my mind screamed was 'bed' and 'rest'. And that's exactly what I did, the moment I flopped on the bed, I drifted off to a well-needed sleep.

Katsuki's POV

I had just come back from work. And for some odd reason,  need to talk to Izuku so desperately. Even though we talk every day, today I felt too desperate.

Today, a new project of ours was launched. It had a great welcome and I wanted to celebrate with a little bit of wine possibly.

I stepped into the house with my usual, 'I am home' but to my surprise, I didn't hear the cute small steps of Izuku. He would usually welcome me......

I was a little worried about him, seeing that He was ALWAYS there to welcome me and today was different. I don't think I made him upset. Did I?

I went to the kitchen to find a bowl of ramen noodles with a note beside it. The handwriting was good, but it felt like it was a little scribbled up.

I was worried. I scanned through the paper as fast as I could. Sighing in relief.

Dear Katsuki,

Hey!! I am sorry I am not here to have dinner with you......I am very tired today and I felt like sleeping as fast as I could. I know you would've wanted to tell me about your day today, and so do I! But I honestly don't have the energy.....Sorry! Anyway, I already made you dinner, please do reheat it in the microwave and enjoy!! Bye!

Sincerely,
Deku

Well, to be honest, I kinda had a weird feeling about his signature, I am not yet used to that name. But thank God he is safe.

I also felt a little different in my stomach when I saw the heart near his name. My stomach did flips and it was like butterflies were fluttering inside.

Though it's very unlike for him to be tired, I don't mean it in the wrong way, but he is always energetic and bubbly. Maybe the household chores are too much for him.

I should talk to him about it. I don't want him to overwork himself. If he is tired, then he IS tired. Of course, he could take a break!

I better ask him tomorrow.