Chapter 23

Izuku's POV

I woke up in a panic when I heard loud wailing. I could hardly open my eyes, they were still droopy, even though I just had a long, peaceful sleep.

I had a feeling I was burning up. But I had to make sure after I calm Ikio down. It's going to be a problem since I have to do it without touching him.

I forcefully drag my feet to Ikio's room. The poor baby was crying louder than ever, he felt scared that no one was there when he woke up. I crept up to his crib and started speaking 'baby'.

The least skinship I could provide Ikio was my finger. I couldn't hold him either, it took me solid half an hour to calm his crying. It gradually slowed down to sniffles.

I did what first came up to my head. I called Katsuki. I can't ask him to help me with Ikio though.

Katsuki: 'Izuku! Why are you calling at this time? It's something wrong? Are you okay?' Izuku slightly chuckled hearing his worried tone.
Izuku: "I am having a fever, Katsuki. Do you mind if I call Kirishima or someone to help me with the day?" Katsuki has out a worrying noise.

Katsuki: 'Sure, I guess. I am sorry, but I have important-' I cut him off knowing he is probably feeling bad he couldn't protect me.
Izuku: "It's okay, Katsuki! Thank you for your time, bye!" I cut the call before he could even say anything.

I quickly got downstairs, leaving Ikio to himself, because he was trying to hold the bars of his crib using his hands. I tried to make the milk for him as soon as possible.

I was so glad that Ikio was the kind of person, who tends to forget the world when he finds something new and interesting. It helps me a lot to take care of him.

I can't have Ikio crying on me, now. I made my way towards his room to see him looking at the ceiling with his doe eyes. Thank god he isn't crying. I then called Kirishima.

Izuku: "Hi Kirishima! Are you free?'
Kirishima: 'Umm..Ye, s of course, Izuku! Is something wrong? Your voice sounds weak... ' I knew he could find out, but I didn't expect out to be this easy.

Izuku: "Yaa, about that, I have a fever and there is no one to help me with Ikio...." I said with a sad chuckle.
Kirishima: 'Oh my god! That can't be good, me and Denki will be there as soon as possible to help you!' He cut the call before I could even thank him.

I smiled at his words and stayed in Ikio's room, at a decent distance though. I can't have him catch my fever, besides he is too weak since he is barely a w month

His immunity would be too less, besides Ikio is still fragile. I can't risk anything now. I am glad that Kirishima and Kaminari were also joining us.

I heard the bell downstairs and made my way down to open the door. I had a simple yet powerful soup in the morning, I hope it lessened my fever, so I had some energy.

"Oh my god, Izuku! You look so pale! This can't be good, should we go to the hospital?! Come on!?!" I chuckled at his exaggeration.

"I am fine, Kaminari. It's just a normal fever. Please don't worry"

"If something happened to you, Bakugo will kill us."

I chuckled at their antics and also gave a thought about what Katsuki would do

I lead them back to Ikio's room. Kaminari was over-excited when he saw Ikio. Ikio also seemed comfortable with them. So I don't think I have to worry.

Even though I had called them for help so that I could rest. I had to be with them the whole time. They were not used to taking care of a child.

"Why is babysitting this tough?" Kaminari whined, I kinda felt bad for them, but before I could speak, he continued, "But, honestly his smile it's the greatest reward! Right, baby? I would do anything to see that!"

I giggled slightly. The day was  I felt like Denki was a literal baby too! He was so childish! Kirishima seemed to have fun watching two babies.

"How do I wear this diaper? Is it like this or like this?" I quickly snapped up my head from Kirishima who was boiling Ikio's milk, and I was instructing him how.

"Nuh-uh, I will do that, you have to take safety measures and all so so that he doesn't develop a rash."

I powdered him up and put him in his diaper. Kaminari and Kirishima were so kind that they even helped me make dinner and lunch!

"I am uys! I didn't want to disturb you. You two were my best choice! I am sorry! I didn't want to ruin your off day!"

"It's ready okay Izuku! Me and Denki babe love kids! It's totally fine! Don't worry! Hoping to see you soon, bye!"

I smiled and went back to eat my dinner and write a letter to Katsuki like yesterday, before going back to my room so I could sleep. Ikio was already put to sleep by Kaminari and Kirishima.

They are so sweet and cute!

Katsuki's POV

I returned home from a frustrating day. Ever since the new project started yesterday, I might be coming back home a little late. Besides, I was still worried about Izuku.

I came back home to be greeted by silence. I went back to the kitchen to find a letter just like yesterday, an unconscious smile crept up to my face.

Hi Katsuki,

Hope you revere doing well today! I was we could have dinner together today, but I at cured by tomorrow, I might have to consult a doctor.

Kaminari and Kirishima helped me with everything today! They are great! You have awesome friends, Katsuki! Anyway, have dinner, made by Kirishima!

Spoiler alert: it was delicious! Good night, sweet dreams!

P.s have a good rest, we can't have you being a sloth during work tomorrow!

Sincerely,
Deku

The heart at the bottom created butterflies in my stomach. "I am falling harder for you every day, Izuku. The effect you have on me..." I mumbled to myself.