Sacrifice 2

Dick had been Wally's mate for a little over five years, and he could easily say he was the happiest he's ever been. Wally was a very sweet mate, and would hold him whenever he wanted. He'd fuck Dick at least once a month, and he was training him to finally be able to take his second cock. Dick had grown accustomed to having the large length inside of him, and sometimes he was able to do small tasks. He usually stayed near the den, fighting off any invaders and allowing himself to think of home. He wondered how they were. He knew Wally was protecting them, but he wondered about the people. Were they happy? Or were they angry? Did they know he was alive? There were so many things he questioned.

One night, Wally noticed how quiet his mate was being. Dick was only picking at his food, and he seemed lost in thought. "Is something troubling you, my dear?" Wally asked, watching Dick closely. "It's nothing." "Well, it's clearly something if you're acting like this." "I'm just thinking about the village. It seems like it's been so long since I've seen it. It's been so long since I've seen the people, too. I guess I'm just a little homesick, is all." Dick explained. "You know, you are the first of many to worry for the village." "Why?" "Do you wish for me to tell you how it all began? Why I take the eldest child?" Dick nodded. Wally pulled Dick into his lap, slithering over to the nest and leaning against the pillows. "It started a long time ago. Back before I made the contract with your people. The land was plagued with battles. Fathers that could no longer fight would send their sons, and the women were forced to remain home and tend to the wounded. Food was scarce, water even more so, and everyone argued over who should get it. Nobody thought about sharing it." "What happened?"

"I met my first wife. You see, the chief had a daughter who saw the violence would lead nowhere, and wanted to make peace. She saw her tribe was dying, and she wanted to save them. Her father refused. He said she was just a woman who didn't know her place, and forbade her from seeing any of the other leaders. She was angry, and tired of being ignored, so she went to the small forest outside of her village. I was just a young Naga then, but I knew from the way she talked that she was a good soul. She begged, pleaded with me to kill her and take her away from the misery. I told her I wouldn't, but that I would come up with the plan to save her. A few nights later, I came to the village and went to the chief. I told him that I would protect the village, in exchange for his eldest child. He was an awful man, and he loathed his daughters, so he gladly gave her up. That night, I took her back to my den, and she insisted I leave something as proof of life. So I left a red jewel. She stayed with me for sixty years, until she fell ill and died. Nevertheless, I continued to protect the village. The gods saw the fighting was lessening, so they allowed rainfall again. Wars slowly stopped, and fathers no longer had to bury their sons. However, when the next chief came, I saw the misery he inflicted on his eldest son. So, I made the same offer. I'd protect them for the eldest child. He gave him up. The son begged for death, for peace, so I gave it to him. I held him as he died, promising him a place in the Hall of The Honorable.

"It became tradition, to the point where chiefs would seek me out and confirm the deal still held. The ones that wished to live with me never wanted to return to the village. The ones that died thanked me for releasing them from pain. I held each one that wished for death, promising them the same thing I did to Elizok, that they would have a peaceful afterlife. The deaths are not really painful. They scream and thrash to make it seem like they are. I make sure I give them the least amount of pain possible. You are the first in hundreds of years that has come home with me." "So I'm not your first." "No. But you are certainly one of the most special. Every time I get someone to be my mate, I beg the gods to let them stay forever. They never have before. I pray that this time, they listen." Wally held Dick closer, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "How long have you been alone?" "A long time. Many are groomed for death, so they believe it is the only way they will achieve peace. I try every time to explain that their lives are different now, that I will love and cherish them, but few believe me. I am glad you did."

Dick gently cupped Wally's face, bringing the Naga down to meet his lips. He wondered how many nights Wally had been alone, left without love and without a mate. He wondered if maybe, just maybe, the gods might finally listen and let him live with Wally. He wondered how many nights Wally had prayed that this next person would go with him, would love and cherish him for the rest of their days. How many times had Wally had his heart broken, knowing that his lover was going to die and he'd live? How many times had Wally begged for a companion, only to have to send another person to rest in the Hall? "I won't leave you. I promise." Dick whispered, pulling back to look Wally in the eyes. The Naga smiled sadly. "You cannot promise that. The gods will take you away. They always do." "I won't accept it. I'm going to find a way to stay with you. I swear it." "There isn't a way to stop them. Believe me, I've tried." "Then I'll make a way. I won't let them hurt you again."

Wally chuckled, but there was no joy behind it. "Let's get you to bed. I think the sun might have deluded your thoughts." "I'm serious." "I know you are, but it isn't possible. No mortal can stay alive forever." "This one will." "This one is also small for his age, and has been my bride for years now. I will not risk loosing you over something that is impossible." "It's not impossible! There's a healer at my village who's been elderly for sixty years! Everyone talked about it." "Then she lives a healthy lifestyle. There are many ways a mortal can live for a long time." "I thought you were trying to be optimistic here." "I am, but I want to be realistic at the same time." "Alright, I'll make you a deal. I go to the village tomorrow, and talk to the healer. If it's just her lifestyle, I'll drop it. If she is immortal, then I'll figure out how she did it, and we'll work towards it." "Deal. How about we sleep now? It's been a long day." "Alright. I still feel like you're not telling me something." "Maybe I'll tell you later. There are many things I haven't told you yet." "Yeah, but this feels important. Like a secret." "I promise I'll tell you later."

Wally didn't tell Dick later. He didn't tell Dick the next day, when he left for the village. He didn't tell him when he returned, eager about the information he found. He didn't tell him when Dick told Wally Bruce wanted to meet the Naga. He just smiles softly and changes the conversation whenever Dick asks about it. He cooks their dinner, gets Dick clean clothes, and helps him bathe, all in an attempt to distract him. However, he doesn't expect the boy to be so head-strong. "You're going to have to tell me eventually." Dick chides as Wally washes his hair. "I know." Wally replied, scrubbing the soap into Dick's hair. "But I would prefer for you not to dance around the subject. What's so bad about it that you won't tell me?" "I do not wish for you to get wrapped up in my struggles. It is my business what happens, not yours. I don't wish to put you under any stress." "You're stressing me out by not telling me. Do you not trust me? Did I do something wrong?"

"You didn't do anything wrong. It's just complicated." "Complicated how?" "My...father, wants to meet you. He is not a good man. I want to keep you away from him." "Bad how?" "He values alcohol more than me and the rest of our family. I don't want you around such an unpredictable being." "That...makes sense. But why wouldn't you tell me about that?" "Because I feared you would think he was another path to immortality. He is a cruel man, and would not hesitate to try and use you for his own pleasure. My goal is to keep you away from him forever." "I understand. Let's just say that not everyone in the village is great." "But we are away from them, at least." "Yeah. That's true." "I love you, darling. No matter how much you try, I'll never stop loving you." "I love you too, Wally. You're not getting rid of me anytime soon." "I wouldn't dream of it."