The Robin Cackle

The Robin Cackle™. Something many of the Young Justice members had heard about, but never experienced. Nightwing had stopped doing the cackle a while ago, ever since he got comments about how it was, "too fucking scary." Despite many requests from the team to do it, Dick just never could bring himself to do it. So many people hated his laugh, and he was top on that list. At first, it was just something to scare criminals with. To send a little shiver down their backs before he and Batman started kicking their asses. Now, it was something he couldn't stand to hear. It was awkward, too loud, and just downright ugly. He really only laughed if he just couldn't hold it in anymore. He never told the team that, but he'd noticed that over the past few days, the team had been trying to get him to laugh. It had started with Beast Boy walking in with a drawn on mustache, then everyone with taped on eyebrows. Someone had even left a banana peel on the ground, and Tim had slipped on it when he was too busy looking at the files to watch where he'd been going.

Of course, it was Wally that broke him. He wasn't surprised, really. Wally had known him for years, in and outside of the hero life. He'd been over to the Mansion thousands of times, and had seen what memes cracked Dick up. He'd watched Dick laugh until he could breathe, tears streaming down his face as his stomach started to ache. How did it happen? Well, in Dick's defense, he was sleep deprived. Two days without sleep made anything funny, which Wally used to his advantage. Dick had been organizing the files from the past few missions when Wally draped himself over Dick's shoulders. Of course, the rest of the team had been training in the room. "Can I help you?" Dick hummed. "I dunno. I think I look amazing. I just wanted you to see it." Dick raised an eyebrow and looked over at Wally, who had a fake mustache and beard, as well as googly eyes taped into his eyelids. Dick lost it.

The Team stared in amazement, most of them realizing that it was the first time they'd heard the Robin Cackle™. Wally had a smug grin on his face as his boyfriend cackled over and over, unable to stop the bubbly laughter from tipping past his lips. "Of fucking course you got him to break." Artemis rolled her eyes. Wally shrugged, letting Dick hide his face in his shoulder. "What can I say? I know my boyfriend best." "I think you might have broken him." "Nah. He's sleep deprived. He's finding pretty much everything funny right now. I just needed to use something he normally found funny. Speaking of sleep deprived, I better get him to bed before he snaps back to his senses and hates me. I'll see you guys later." Wally led Dick out of the room, the sound of a laughter following him. "Is he okay?" Bart asked Tim. Tim shrugged. "Once he gets some sleep, yeah. His sense of humor turns to shit when he's tired. Anything and everything becomes funny. You could've broke him before Wally, but you kept timing your pranks wrong." "How are we supposed to know that?" "You watch and observe. You got to work on your detective skills." Tim flicked Bart's forehead.

Wally pulled Dick into his room, laying him down as the giggles faded away. "You're an asshole, you know that?" Dick grinned. "Yep. But I'm your asshole. Besides, you need to loosen up around them some. We're all kids here. They're not going to judge you for that." Wally brushed the hair out of Dick's face. Dick shrugged. "I know. I just…I don't like my laugh." "Why not? It's hella cool." "People hate it." "Criminals, and that's cause they know they're about to get their ass kicked. You should've seen some of those guys. They looked like their favorite star just walked into the room. Most of them have never heard the Cackle™️ before. I'm sure they'd love to hear it more." "You're an awful therapist. You know that, right?" "Yep, but that's why we have Dinah. If I was the therapist, everyone's mental health would be shit." "Oh, I know. Believe me, I know."

Very short today, but I figured you guys would like something a little fluffy.