Chapter 45

"Four stop!" I exclaim and pry his hands off of Eric's throat. I push him back with as much force I can muster up, but he only stumbles a little bit.

"I'm going to kill you." he growls at Eric. I quickly squeeze myself between them.

"Four calm down!" I scream. By now the trainees are all gathered around us.

"You know more than what you're saying. Tell us." Four says sharply.

"We aren't going to get information out of him this way!" I exclaim. Fours eyes go livid and he squeezes his eyes shut.

"Training is over." Four calls and glares at the trainees. They all scatter in different directions and four grabs Eric by the collar of his shirt. He begins dragging him to our apartment and I quickly rush after them.

We get to our apartment and four pushes Eric into the bathroom. He turns towards me with angry eyes then hugs me. He relaxes slightly and I rub his shoulders.

"What are we going to do?" I ask quietly.
"We have to get as much as we can out of him." he replies.

"No I mean... Someone's after me. What if they get to me, what about the baby." I whisper just in case Eric is listening in. He probably already knows I'm pregnant but I'm hoping he doesn't.

"They won't get to you." he promises, but I hear the unsure tone in his voice.

"They're going to go after you to get to me." I whisper and he shakes his head.

"No they're not, don't worry about me. Lets go question Eric, then we'll talk okay?" He asks softly.

"Okay." I agree softly. He opens the bathroom door and a worried looking Eric is leaning against the wall.

"We want to know everything." four commands.
---------
"He knew nothing." I sigh out after an hour of asking Eric questions.

"That was a waste of time." Four admits. I nod in reply and four kisses my forehead.

"It's going to be okay." he says.

"So I've really been thinking about what you said this morning." I whisper and he looks at me with hope shining in his eyes.

"If we do leave, are they going to follow us? Or are we safer here?" I ask and realization hits him like a ton of bricks.

"They can follow us." he states. I nod in reply and he sighs as he puts his head in his hands.

"But what if we are safer in a different city, maybe a different state. We don't know who is after us, they can be in this building." he says.

"Why would they have Eric do their dirty work though? Wouldn't they do it themselves if they were in the building?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

"I don't know," he admits. "But, we need to try. This baby needs to be safe."

"I know." I whisper and he pulls me into a hug. I lay my head against his chest and he rubs my back.
-------
I wake up laying on the couch. Fours arms are wrapped around my back and his face is buried in my hair.

"Morning." he whispers.
"Good morning." I reply.
After that we silently lay there, just thinking. How did our lives get so complicated. My parents died and I joined the FBI, that doesn't happen very often, I don't think that even happens on a weekly basis. Then I met four, and we slowly opened up to each other. Bow here we are married and about to have a baby. But we still have people after us, more me than him. Our baby is in danger.

"Are we going to do it?" He asks.
"Do what?" I ask absentmindedly.
"Make the move." he replies.

"I think we are... but if we do this we can always come back. Once this all blows over." I whisper.

"Our friends will still visit us, we can visit them." He adds reassuring. I nod and he kisses my forehead.

"Are we going to really do this?" He asks.
"Yes, I think we are." I answer quietly.
"How do we tell Chris?" He chuckles lightly.
"I have no idea." I reply with a sigh.