Chapter 40

*The Next Day*

We get to training in the morning and the initiates pile into the room. Eric pulls the cover off of the white board and I look up at four in horror.

All of the lightweights are going against the heavyweights.

"Eric," I say quietly. His eyes meet mine and he nods.

"Yes?" He asks in an annoyed tone
"If that's the order of the fights, we all know who's going to win and loose." I say.

"I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt." be replies.

"No you're not. Im not letting the tiniest person here go up against the biggest." I growl.

"What are you going to do about it?" He challenges and I glare at him. Four steps around me and goes over to the white board. He flips it over to the clean side and picks up a marker.

He starts scribbling down new fights and I hear the sighs of relief that come off of everyone in waves. I smirk at Eric and he mumbles something under his breath.

"Tris why don't you show us how to fight? Give us an example." Eric says and four steps back to my side. My thoughts immediately go to the baby and four chuckles humorlessly.

"She's not fighting against anyone. She can't." four growls and turns to the curious glances.

"Pair up with your partner. First pair go to the mats." he instructs and everyone diverts their attention away from us.

"I don't know what game you're playing, but it ends here." four says angrily.

"Oh but it's just getting started." Eric replies. His eyes flicker back to me and he smirks.

"Why can't you fight?" Eric challenges.
"Strained muscle." four growls and quickly drags me to the sidelines of the mats.

"He knows." He growls under his breath.
"I realized." I whisper and he rubs my back.
"It's okay. I'm going to deal with him." he replies.

"Start!" He calls to the initiates.
The fight starts, two of the smaller girls are fighting. One gets a bloody nose and falls to the ground. She gives up and Eric chuckles.

"You don't give up. Its either you have no choice and you pass out, or you leave and never come back!" He states sternly.

"That's not what the rules are." Four growls.
"Yea? Well the rules changed, two years ago." Eric calls.

"Lucky for you, those weren't the rules when we fought." Four replies angrily.
_______________________________
*Three Hours Later*

"Okay, training is over. Those who didn't fight today will fight tomorrow!" Eric calls and four quickly leads me out of the room.

"What's wrong?" I ask when we get back to our apartment.

"There's something going on with Eric and I'm going to figure out what." he states and grabs his laptop. He sits at the breakfast bar and I go to the fridge. i hand him a bottle of water and a plate of chips, which he gladly eats.

"Do you want ice cream?" I ask and he shakes his head no as he types away on his computer. A sigh escapes my mouth and I grab a pint of ice cream. When I sit next to him I see the security cameras from the last few days and fours eyebrows furrow.

"What?" I ask.
"Watch this." he says and rewinds. He points to Marcus's cell, which shows him laying on the bed. The next frame is him sitting up, with no transition.

"Someone deleted the footage for an hour." He states.