Sorrow

I sob into fours chest and he gently rubs my back. I don't know which hurts more, my bullet wound, or the fact that my brother betrayed my family.

"It's okay." he coos.

"I told him to leave. I told him it was all his fault." I sob out.

"Tris. You said what was on your mind. You've lost a lot of people in a short timeframe. You had all of that on your chest and it got lifted for a reason." four whispers. I close my eyes and rest my head on his shoulder. Stray tears fall from my chin and I sigh.

"Are you okay?" I finally ask.

"I'm fine. I need to be worried about you. You're the one who got shot. Does Anything hurt?" he asks.

"No." I answer bluntly. he sighs and kisses my forehead.

"The doctor said once you were up you'd be able to leave in a few hours. The bullet went strait through, it didn't hit anything major." four says. I nod in response and he gently moves me over so he can lay next to me.

"Go back to sleep. You look exhausted." he says and rubs my back. I cuddle into his side and he rests his chin on my head.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A week later

I wake up with fours arms wrapped around me. I stay still so I don't wake him up, but he ends up awake anyways. He gently presses his lips to mine and I smile.

"Morning." he says softly.

"Morning." I reply. he kisses my forehead then stands up.

"Back to work today." he says.

"Yea I know." I mumble glumly. He smiles and gently picks me up.

"Go get dressed. I'll come back with food in half an hour." he says and sets me on my feet.

"Okay." I agree and go to my bathroom. I lock the door then climb in the shower.

When I'm done I climb out and go to the closet. I change into a hoodie and leggings then slip my feet into combat boots.

I load my gun and slip it into my holster. There's a knock on the door and I open it to see four. I smile and he hands me a muffin. He walks in and I throw my hair into a bun.

After drinking our coffee and eating muffins, we go to his car. Everything has been silent so far. But he decides to break it.

"Everyone's going to be ecstatic. They've all been asking about you." he says. I blush and watch as the car zooms down the badly paved roads.

"Did you fill them in on everything? My mom, dad and me?" I ask.

"They know everything." he confirms.

I sigh and zone out for the rest of the ride. I feel the car stop and absentmindedly start to get out.

"Oh I forgot to tell you." he says and stops me from opening the door.

"We have a new member..... to replace Al. Her names Marlene, she's really good at working with computers and hacking systems." He says making my heart sink. He sees my frown and gently kisses my forehead.

"She's nice. We did a background check before she joined us too." He reassures me. I press my lips to his and he kisses back for a few seconds. I pull away and we silently get out of the car.

When we get inside Chris immediately pulls me into a hug with a squeal.

"Chris i don't like hugs." i whine and pull away causing her to laugh.

"Sorry! I just missed you so much." She exclaims and passed me to Uriah and Zeke. They lift me off the ground in bear hugs and I laugh.

"I missed you guys too." I reply.

"Give my girlfriend back." four days and protectively pulls me back into his arms. a smile makes its way to my face and he links our hands together.

"Okay four. go have bro time, I'm stealing tris and we are going to the mall with Marlene and Shauna." Chris says and wedges herself between us. he glares at her chasing me to laugh and then pulls me into his arms.

"You don't have to go." he whispers to me.

"I want to. I haven't been out of the apartment in weeks. I think I need a change." I reply and press my lips to his. I try to pull away but he pulls me closer. I giggle when he finally releases me with a grin.

"Be careful." he says sternly

"I'll be fine." I reply and roll my eyes. Chris grabs my wrist and drags me to the computer room. I see Will typing away on his computer like usual and a girl with short brown hair and brown eye on the computer next to him.

"Marlene, this is tris, tris Marlene." Chris says and Marlene looks up with an excited smile.

"It's so nice to meet you." she exclaims and pulls me into a hug. I awkwardly hug back and Chris laughs.

"You too." I reply with a small smile.

"Guys we can get to know each other in the car. we only have three hours to shop and there's a huge sale." Chris says and starts to push us out the door.