Chapter 38

After we talk to Myra, who suggests we do training for younger dauntless here, where we're both safe, we go back to our apartment. We lay of the couch and four wraps his arms around my waist. One hand gently rubs circles on my stomach and I smile.

"I can't believe there's a baby growing in there." four says quietly.

"There is, and I'm kind of scared." I admit.
"Why?" He asks softly, like we're not the only ones in our apartment.

"I don't want what happened to my parents, to happen to us. I don't want to be like my parents. I want to be able to tell our child the truth about what we do for a living." I admit and he kisses my cheek.

"We will be able to. Well figure something out, Shauna and Zeke did." he states and I nod as I grip his hands in mine. He continues running circles around my stomach and I close my eyes.

"Have you found anything else on Marcus?" I ask curiously.

"I have Marlene researching that janitor." he says and kisses my shoulder. I smile and cuddle closer to him.
"Sleep, you look tired." he says and I nod as I let sleep take over.
________________________________
When I wake up four is making breakfast. He must have carried me to bed. Tiredly, I drag myself out of bed and change into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. When I get to the kitchen I wrap my arms around his waist and he chuckles.

"Good morning." he says and I kiss his back.
"Morning." I reply and he hands me a plate of food. I smile and go to the bar stool. I start to hungrily eat and he sits next to me.

"Eating for two now." he teases and I blush.
"I don't know if I'm cut out to be a parent." I whisper and he smiles.

"You're going to be the best mom ever. I can already tell." he informs me and kisses my forehead.
_____________________________________
*2 Weeks Later*
"Baby, time to get up." four whispers and gently shakes me. A sigh escapes my mouth and I open my eyes.

"It's to early." I complain.
"We have to get to the training room to set everything up." he reminds and I tiredly sit up with a grunt.

"I just have to shower." i mumble and drag myself to the bathroom.

Once I'm dressed in black leggings, combat boots, and a tank top, i make breakfast. I place two plates on the breakfast bar and make a cup of coffee for four.

"The worst thing about being pregnant is not being able to drink coffee." I state and he chuckles.

"It'll be worth it when this little guy comes out healthy." he teases and pokes my stomach. I smile and start to eat.

"Are the initiates going to be young?" I ask.
"Yea, we recruit them when they're young." he confirms.

"So like teens? Or actual children?" I ask causing him to chuckle.

"Teens to people in their twenties." he says and I smile.

"No one better hit on you." I state causing him to chuckle again.

"Same for you." he says and takes our dishes to the sink. He quickly rinses everything off then dries his hands, no matter how much I protest and try to clean the dishes myself.

"Ready?" He asks when he's finished and I nod in reply.

"Remember, no one can know we are together. Im winning that bet against Chris." I say and he chuckles. He presses his lips to mine then pulls away.
"Fine." he says and opens the door for me.