Chapter 37

"That's a horrible idea." Chris states and i shake my head in disagreement.

"I like it." i admit while staring at Shauna.
"I can help you prepare everything." She offers and i smile.

"Chris do you want to help too? Or do you have to go back to work?" i ask.

"I have to work. I hope everything goes well. Good luck." She says and smiles.

"Thanks, tell Uri i said Hi." i say and she nods before leaving the room. I turn to Shauna and she smiles. She goes to the kitchen and i gently lay Aaron down on the couch. He continues to sleep and i put a pillow next to him so he doesn't fall. When i get to the kitchen Shauna is already making pasta.

"Do you think he's going to freak?" i ask and take out ingredients.

"Yes, but i think he's going to be happy." she says with a laugh.
___________________________________
*2 Hours Later*
"Tris, i'm back. How are you feeling?" Four asks as he walks into the room.

"A little better." i say and he frowns in confusion. He looks at the set up table, filled with food and i smile nervously.

"You made dinner?" he asks unsurely.
"Yea, Shauna came by and helped." i reply and he walks closer to me.

"Is something wrong?" he asks cautiously.
"No? Why would you ask that?" i question and he shrugs.

"You look nervous... And you never cook... And I'm pretty sure if you grip your hands any tighter one of them is going to snap off." He says and gently unlinks my hands.

"Did you go to the doctor?" He asks and i nod.
"What did they say?" he asks and i shrug. I sit down. He sits across from me and stares into my eyes for a few seconds before looking down with a frown.

"Tris, what's wrong?" He asks finally.
"Nothings exactly wrong." i stutter and he looks into my eyes again.

"Can you tell me what's going on? I'm getting very frustrated." He says and i close my eyes.

"Well... you know that thing, that comes every month?" i whisper and he frowns in confusion. Small wrinkles form in between his eyebrows and he nods.

"Yes, i know-"
"Well... i'm nauseous and i went to the doctor," i say and pause when i see the shock on his face.

"I think you can put the rest of the pieces together." i whisper and he stays as still as a statue.

"You're.... pregnant?" he asks cautiously and i nervously nod, making myself look like a bobble head.

"Can you please say something else. I'm kind of getting scared." i admit and he shoots up from his seat. He pulls me into a tight hug and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"In all honesty. i did not expect this. But it's the best thing anyone has ever told me." He whispers and a smile forms on my face.

"I'm glad your'e happy. You had me scared for a minute." i admit and he kisses my forehead.

"Did the doctor say how far along you are?" he asks and his thumb lightly massages my stomach.

"A month." i reply and he smiles brightly.
"Shauna knows?" He asks and i nod.

"And Chris." i reply and he pulls me back into a hug.
"We have to talk to Myra, you can't be around guns and bombs and all of this." he says and rubs my back.
"What did you find on Marcus?" I ask cautiously. He sighs and his chin rests on the top of my head.

"I found someone that might link back to him... But i don't want you in the middle of this." He says and i pull away to glare at him.

"I'm obviously in the middle of this. He knew my name, how?" I ask and he sighs again.

"I found footage of him talking to one of the janitors. So i went to question the guy," he says and i raise my eyebrows.

"He doesn't work here anymore." He says and i look at him with a frown.

"What do you mean?" I ask.
"The day after he was seen talking to Marcus, he disappeared. No one has seen him yet." He states and i stare at him in shock.

"Right now, this baby and you are my top priority... i'm going to keep you safe." He promises and pecks my lips.