Dead?

Gun triggers get pulled and I roll behind a column. I shoot at Peter and it hits his shoulder. his gun falls to the floor and I take the chance to shoot Molly.

Someone else shoots at Drew and I turn around to see Four with an angry expression. My heart leaps in my chest and I turn back towards our enemies.

"Kill me now." I mutter and shoot peter. Multiple people run into the room and start shooting. I dodge a bullet and shoot the person.

After a few minutes everyone is laying motionless on the floor. I see my brother tied to a chair and I run to him. I take the knife out and cut the ropes off of his hands and feet.

"Beatrice?" he mumbles.

"Stay awake. You're going to be okay." I say sternly.

"Will send an ambulance!" four yells into his headset. He gently moves me out of the way and picks my brother up.

"C'mon before something blows up." he says and we run from the building. We get outside and four glares at me.

"You're lucky I had your phone tracked." he says dangerously.

"Nows not the time." I say and focus on my brother.

"He'll be fine." four reassures me. I nod and hear the ambulance in the distance. A few seconds later they're loading my brother in the back.

"We'll meet you guys at the hospital." four tells the paramedics. They get in the truck and fly down the road. I get in my car and four sits in the passenger seat. he stays quiet the whole ride and I can feel the anger emitting from him.

I turn left and feel a sharp pain in my shoulder.

"Four sorry to interrupt your angry thoughts. But I think I was shot." I say. His attention focuses on me and worry clouds his eyes.

I lean forward so he can see my shoulder and he swears.

"Change seats with me. You're bleeding very badly." he says.

"I'm fine. We're almost there and then I'll get checked." I say.

I pull into the parking lot a few seconds later and four rushes me Inside.

"We need a private room and a doctor as soon as possible." four says and flashes his badge.

The nurse hurries us to the back and four lifts me onto the table.

I start to get dizzy and the next thing I know in falling into oblivion.
________
Voices surround me and I try to open my eyes. When I get them open I see four standing next to me. He sighs in relief and pulls me into a hug.

"What happened?" I tiredly ask.

"You passed out due to blood loss. You had surgery to get the bullet out." he says.

"Caleb. is he okay?" I ask in a rush. When I try to sit up pain erupts in my shoulder and I groan.

"Shh, lay back down. You're still recovering. He's fine." four says and gently pushes me back down. I sigh in relief and close my eyes.

"Where is he?" I ask.

"Do you want to see him?" four asks. I nod and he leaves the room. The door opens and I open my eyes to see caleb. He pulls me into a hug and I sigh.

"I missed you." I whisper.
"I missed you too." he says and rubs my back.

"What-what happened? Why did they kidnap you? why were you in Walmart and-"

"I worked for them. Then I saw that they were trying to kill us. They killed mom and dad and I didn't know that's what they were planning. When I knew you were safe at the headquarters I just ran." he interrupts. I frown and pull away from him.

"Why? Why'd you help them?" I ask quietly.

"I'm sorry. They tricked me into helping them. I wasn't aware that they were going to kill anyone, let alone mom and dad." he says. I stare at him for a few seconds and shake my head.

"You should go." I whisper.

"Beatrice-"

"It's tris now." I interrupt.
"Tris. I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"You didn't mean to kill our parents? You didn't mean to almost get me killed several times? You didn't mean to give me a new family?..... Caleb I'm over it. I'm not going to give you anymore tears, when truthfully, this is your fault. Goodbye." I say sternly. Hurt slashes across his face and he leaves the room.

I think I just lost the last of my family.