Tours

"Why is everyone still like that?" I whisper to Uriah.

"You're hot." he whisper yells back. I blush and look at the trey in front of me. My eyebrows furrow in confusion at the meat patty on a bun.

"You've never had a burger before?" Chris asks in shock.

"I've seen one. I've just never eaten one... I'm a vegan." I say and start to eat the side salad.

"Oh" she mutters. The awkward silence gets to me and I look up. Four is staring at me with an intense look in his eyes.

"How old are you? You don't look older then nineteen." Will comments.

"I'm seventeen, my birthdays this month." I reply. Zeke smirks at Four and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm gonna go, see you tomorrow." four says and stands up. He leaves the cafe and I frown in confusion. The doors slam shut and I flinch.

"What's up his ass?" I ask no one in particular.

"Told ya. He has different emotions, sometimes he's happy, drunk, angry, or pissed. When he's pissed stay away. But most of the time he's mad, mad at the world." Uriah says.

"What was he just now?" I ask.

"Annoyed." Zeke says with a chuckle.

"Why?" I ask.

"He's the youngest person to join the FBI. Now you're the second person to hold that record. He doesn't like competition." Zeke answers.

"How old is he?" I ask.
"Nineteen. Two year difference." Al says.
"Here eat this." Uriah says and slides me a plate of cake.

"I'm full." I reply.
"Eat." he instructs.
"I'm not hungry." I reply.

"I demand you eat this cake." Uriah says and slams his hands on the table. I see Chris try to hold in her laughter and I glare at him.

"And I demand for you to stop demanding me." I reply.

"Tris. Just eat the dang cake." Chris says and everyone nods in agreement. I angry take a cake and the flavors burst in my mouth.

"I love you all." I say and continue to eat.
"Told you." Uriah says with a smug look.

"That is dauntless cake. The best thing we have ever invented here. It's been in dauntless for the past fifty years." Will says. Chris rolls her eyes and looks at me.

"He use to work at erudite, the erudite headquarters is in Miami, they're the smart ones." she whispers. I laugh and Uriah stands up.

"Now let's go see how good you can shoot and throw knives." he says and sticks his hand out. I take it and everyone stands. We go to the training room and I pick a knife off of the table. The table is at least forty feet away from the target and I smile at the ease.

I pull my arm back, aim, deep breath, exhale, and then let the knife fly through the air. It hits the middle of the target and I earn applauds.

"That almost beat fours score. He has fifty feet." Zeke says impressed.

"Is that a good thing?" I ask.

"Very. He has one of the top scores." Shauna comments for the first time.

"Catch." Uriah says and a gun flys towards me. I immediately stick my hands out and catch it. To add to the victory I turn and shoot the target right in the middle.

"I didn't expect that to happen." he admits. I laugh for the first time in two weeks and they all smile.

"You obviously belong here." Al says and puts an arm around my shoulders. I uncomfortably shift and gently pull away.

"Oh you got rejected." Uriah yells at Al.

"Shut up, I don't like the whole friendly hugs thing." I say and roll my eyes.

"Understood." Al says and Uriah leads everyone to the computer room.

"This is where we have our earpieces. There's a siren that goes off, whenever it does, come here. It means we have a job to do." Uriah says. I nod in understanding and he leads us through our offices.

"Tris this is your desk." Uriah says and throws himself into my chair. He opens the desk drawer and shows me my badge and gun.

"This is your work laptop. And this is your phone. It has a tracker, so if anything ever happens keep this on you at all times. It has everyone's numbers installed." he says and puts it in my hand.

"Thanks." I reply and stick it in my pocket.

"Now c'mon tris. We are going to the mall." Chris says and starts to drag me away from everyone.

"Uhm I'm pretty sure I haven't got payed." I say.

"You have a credit card. There's a limit of two thousand." she says.

"I d-"

"You're coming." she says sternly.

"Zeke? Uriah? someone?" I say desperately.

"I'll come." Zeke says dramatically.

"Thank you." I whisper when I see the wicked, shopaholic look in Chris's eyes.

"I just gave myself up for you. You better be." he says with a smirk. I laugh and she yanks us down the hallway.

We get to a huge mall and she pulls us through all the stores. We finally get to the end of the strip and I shake my head.

"I'm not going Into Victoria's Secret." I say.

"Yes you are." she says and tries to drag me Inside. I quickly throw my arms around Zeke and jump on his back. He stays still and I glare at the back of his head.

"Run idiot run!" I yell and he takes off with a chuckle. Chris chases after us and Zeke starts to run up the escalator. He runs into the parking lot and quickly puts me down. We get in his car and I sigh in relief.

"Thank god for you." I whisper to myself. He chuckles and starts driving as she bangs in the windows. I put my bags in the backseat and close my eyes.

We get to the headquarters and I go to my apartment. I lock the door behind me and put my new clothes away. I put my shoes on my shoe rack then change into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I throw my hair in a messy bun and lay down on the couch. I turned the tv on and start to watch a show for the first time in five months.

Anyone would find this as the best life possible. But I can't keep the thought of my parents off of my head. And I can't help but wonder where my brother is... Is he safe? Is he hurting? Or is he just as confused as me?