Break ups

"I will not do that." she says with anger shining in her eyes.

"Chris-"

"No. I will not help you with this. I wouldn't be either of your friends if I was helping break you guys up! Tris, tell him about what Shauna said. I'm not in this anymore." she says and angrily stalks out of the hallway. I sigh and sink to the ground. Tears grow in my eyes and I put my knees to my chest.

Someone sits next to me and I look up through hazy eyes.

"I heard." Zeke says quietly. I sigh and close my eyes.
"Shouldn't you be with Shauna?" I ask.

"I was. Shes still in a coma. I just got back, my new goal is to catch the person that did this to her." he says.

"How do you even know that there's someone else after me?" I ask curiously.

"I'm good with computers. I hacked our system and found the footage. It's a lady with shoulder length blonde hair, she was wearing heels and a pencil skirt. I tried to link her face back to the system files. But it's like she doesn't exist." he says in frustration.

"Don't tell four." I say desperately.

"I heard what you said to Chris. I won't tell anyone, because I want to catch this person and I don't want Shauna getting hurt. So i know how you're feeling, you don't want the person you love to get hurt. You'd rather hurt them mentally by yourself then have someone psychically hurt them for you." he says and sighs.

"That's exactly my problem." I mumble.

"I'll help." he states. I look at him with a sad smile and he smiles back.

"How do I break it off?" I ask and the smile disappears.

"You cant. I've known him since we were younger. The first day he came here, I was his friend. I've come to know him for a long time, and he will not allow you to break up with him. He'll want an explanation, especially if you said you would move in with him last night." he answers.

"I need to do it though." I murmur.

"You're going to have to make him break up with you." he states.

"How do I do that?" I question and groan in annoyance.

"Cheat on him." he says making me shake my head.

"I've had two boyfriends including him. He's the only one I've actually made out with. I can't cheat on him." I say in shock.

"That's the only thing that will drive him over the edge. That's the only thing I can think of. listen i think you could pull it off. Go wild, get drunk, go to a club and dance the night away. I need to get back to Shauna now, I just came back to take a shower. I'll see you later." He says and stands up.

A sigh escapes my mouth and I wipe the tears from my face.

"Keep me updated." I call after him.

"I will." he replies them the door closes between us.

My eyes stay trained on the door in front of me for a few minutes.

I finally stand up and go to the office.

"Four Im gonna go out. I need to get my mind off of some stuff." I say. he looks up from his laptop with furrowed eyebrows and my heart clenches.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"I don't know. I'm just gonna wander around, I have t really seen California yet." I say.

"If you want I can come." he says and I see the worry in his eyes.

"No it's fine. I'll be fine. I'll see you later okay?" I ask.

"Yea okay." he says and I quickly leave the room. I go to my room and throw a dress into my bag. My feet hesitantly step into the elevator and I close my eyes.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I park my car at the Ferris wheel and sit there staring at it.

The sun is setting and tears miserably flow down my face at the memory. I shut my phone down so it's untraceable and watch the sunset.

When it's dark o start the car again and wipe my face of all tears. I crawl into the backseat and change into the dress.

When I finish putting my hair into a ponytail I drive to the nearest club.