Chapter 39

We enter the room and there's a line of people. Eric is standing in front of them, his back rigid and his hands behind his back.

"Meet your new trainers. Four and Tris." Eric says and motions to us. I keep a straight face, following Zeke's rules not to smile or get to friendly with the initiates. There's at least eighteen of them.

"Four like the number?" A girl asks with a laugh. Four stiffens next to me and he glares at her.

"What's your name?" He asks lowly.
"Mandy." she replies and he chuckles darkly.

"Well Mandy. The first thing we're going to teach you, is to keep your mouth shut, and to keep your words to yourself when they aren't needed.... And yes, exactly like the number." He says and I hold back a laugh. His eyes flicker to mine and the side of his mouth twitches, as if he's holding back a smile.

"Everyone get started on the punching bags. We will be walking around and showing different stances and techniques." Eric orders and everyone scatters.

"Nice to see you Four." Eric says with a fake smile.
"You too." four says emotionlessly.

"And it's a pleasure to meet you Tris. Ive heard a lot about you, from everyone." he says and sticks his hand out. I shake it and four frowns.

"Thanks, it's nice to meet you too." I reply.
"Let's get to work. Its going to take a lot of training to get them to par." Four says and I nod in agreement.

"I'll take that side of the gym." I say and point to the corner with six or seven people. Four catches me and puts his mouth to my ear.

"Hey, be careful. No hand to hand combat for you." Four whispers and I laugh.

"I'll be fine," I reply and continue walking to the far corner.
__________________________________
-One Month Later-
"Do you want me to call Eric and tell him to take over training today?" Four asks worriedly.

"I'll be fine." I reassure as I brush my teeth.
"You don't look fine." he mumbles.
"I'm fine." I repeat and tie my hair in a ponytail.
"Tris-"

"Ill be fine." I growl and rush to the room to get dressed. I change into a pair of leggings and a sweater, then put a pair of combat boots on. Fours arms wrap around my waist and he presses his lips to my shoulder.

"Are you sure you're up for this? You just threw up five times." he whispers worriedly.
"I'm sure." I reply and turn around to hug him. We stand there hugging for a few minutes and I finally pull away.

"We have to go." i state and he nods as he links our hands together.

"No, Chris thinks it's going to take three or four months for the initiates to say we're together. I said one to two months." I say and unlink our hands. He sighs and pecks my lips.

"Shouldn't you be holding my hand and kissing me then?" He questions.

"Will is watching over the cameras to keep the bet fair. We can't hint at it." I reply and he huffs as he opens the door for me.

"I no longer consider Chris the aunt." he grumbles and I laugh as we trail down the hallway.
____________________________
Training ends and Eric motions for me and four to stay behind.

"What do you need?" Four asks once everyone else is gone.

"It's time to start cutting some people. Hand to hand combat starts tomorrow and five out of those twenty people need to be gone." he states and fours mouth twitches into a frown.

"Did that become a new rule?" He asks.
"Yes, it did. Two years ago." Eric answers.

"Okay. Well start matching together people that should fight." four offers and Eric smirks.

"I already got it. I'll see you tomorrow." Eric replies and leaves the room.

"There's something off about him." I mumble and four nods.

"I know." He agrees and grabs my hand.
"Let's go. We need to get you some food." he adds and leads me out of the room.