Part 20: A Dark Alliance

The lobby of Le Grand Paris was one of the fanciest venues in Paris. Everyone who was anyone had the hotel booked for major events. Including the ball that Adrien and the elite of other Paris would attend. Hugo watched from the staircase as waiters and maids moved about, cleaning the area and setting up food and drink for the coming guests.

"I don't understand why you decided to do this," Gabriel said over the phone. "This whole arrangement is becoming tiresome! If I don't have the Miraculous within the day I'll..."

"Hmm. That sounded like a cute attempt at a threat." Hugo said smugly. "And what are you going to do about the way my plan runs? If you turn against me I'll reveal your identity and everything goes away. Including your goal."

Hugo said.

Gabriel growled in frustration. "And what proof would you have?! You can't prove I'm Hawk Moth!"

"Can't I?" Hugo said. "Your friends already know about their future counterparts. All I have to do is prove I'm from the future and tell them your dirty little secret. I might even help them take you down."

Hugo then leaned against the railing with a smug smile. "Let's face it. Right now you lack two things. Leverage and patience. Give me time and you'll have your jewels."

Gabriel clenched his fist on the other end of the phone. "I understand."

Hugo then hung up the phone. As he looked down he could see the first of his guests arriving. A young woman with bangs and a young man nearly identical to Adrien.

"Welcome," Hugo said. "I am glad you could attend. Now, shall we go over the plan?"

"Just get on with it," Félix said. "I didn't come all the way from London to dance and eat sweets. You promised me my family's rings."

"And you shall have them in due time," Hugo said.

"You promised that I could end Ladybug," Lila said. "If you go back on your promise..."

"Then I'll personally throw myself off the roof, my dear," Hugo said. "I don't break my promises. That's something you can count on. Now, shall we begin?"