*Part thirty-seven*

third person pov
—————————————

TW // attempted suicide

"bye!" jongho waved to chenle and jeongin once they stopped at the car where hongjoong was sitting in the drivers seat. the boys waved back as yunho helped his brother into the car.

"you make a new friend jongho?" hongjoong asked

"yeah, his names chenle. he's from china. he's related to renjun" jongho nodded

"renjun w-was telling us about h-his cousin t-that just moved h-here" yeosang nodded "is h-he nice?"

"yeah! i got his number and everything" jongho smiled brightly. hongjoong smiled and watched as mingi and san walked to the car

"you guys are late" wooyoung teased

"yeah" san said nonchalantly as he threw his bag in the trunk

"everything alright?" hongjoong asked, looking in the rear view mirror to see mingi crossing his arms and leaning his head on the car window. and san playing on his phone. san hummed a 'mhm'. "okay." he sighed

once home, the boys piled into the house, mingi and san ran to their rooms, confusing seonghwa because mingi would at least usually wave a hello. jongho told seonghwa about chenle, and yunho and yeosang asked to go to renjuns

"are they picking you up?" seonghwa asked as he watched the boy pack their bags in yunhos room

"yeah, his mom is driving us" yunho said

"okay. just have fun, text me when you get there and everything" seonghwa smiled

"w-we always d-do" yeosang smiled back. which was true.

seonghwa left the room to go check on the other kids. wooyoung was fine. jongho was fine. mingi was in the bathroom. san had his door locked.

"san" seonghwa knocked on the door. nothing

"san-ah" he called out louder. still nothing

"kim-park san open this door" he kept trying to pry the door open, nothing.

"hongjoong!" he yelled for his husbands, hearing fast footsteps coming up the stairs

"it's locked, he won't answer" seonghwa cried as hongjoong came up to him. the younger started banging on the door. turning the knob. nothing. they searched for the key that was usually taped on top of each door, but the tape was on the floor and the key was gone.

yunho and yeosang walked out after they heard seonghwa screaming, so did wooyoung and jongho who were in the gaming room. yunho went to try and help while yeosang guided the other two back in the room and went to check on mingi.

opening the bathroom door, after knocking of course, yeosang saw a crying mingi, formed into a ball on the bathroom floor. whispering "it's all my fault" over and over. yeosang just held him, he's not sure what to do. he didn't understand what was happening. wooyoung and jongho walked back out of the room and went into the bathroom, seeing their brothers on the floor.

yunho started looking for anything that could fit in the key hole, seonghwa looked for something to knock the door down. but that was the last thing they wanted to do, just in case san was i from the door. yunho went into the bathroom, trying his best to not pick up mingi and hold him, grabbing a bobby pin that wooyoung often used in his hair. then ran to the door

hongjoong got the door unlocked and immediately him and seonghwa ran into the room. san was sat there crying in his floor trying to open a bottle of wooyoungs medicine, with mingi and yeosangs medicine scattered around him. it seemed as if he tried opening the others.

"i cant get it" san yelled out, trying to back away from seonghwa as hongjoong picked up the other bottles. yunho stood at the door with tears in his eyes. he couldn't believe his eyes. he didn't want to believe his eyes. what seemed like hours trying to pry the door open was only a couple minutes. probably not even four.

"sannie. stop baby. hey shhh" seonghwa fought with the boy for the bottle. he was shaking like crazy, he smacked his hands against his fathers chest. seonghwa knew it wasn't out of spite or hatred, and he didn't even think about it. because right now, being hit was the least of his worries.

once hongjoong was done cleaning the rest of the bottles, he looked at yunho, mouthing "search" to him. yunho understood and started searching sans room for anything that could be harmful. hongjoong went over to san and seonghwa, grabbing the bottle from his husband and handing it to yunho. hongjoong grabbed sans hands, not harshly, but strong enough to make him stop hitting and throwing his arms around.

as much as they hated this, the two parents pinned san down on the floor, whispering sweet words, rubbing his hair, his face, his belly. san loved belly rubs. they did as much as they could to calm him down. and once his yelling stopped, and the sob quieted down, seonghwa laid beside the boy, holding him gently.

yunho, through his tears, told his dad that he didn't find anything. hongjoong nodded and gestured him over, hugging him. because this was hard for everyone. they all just sat there. and soon san fell asleep in seonghwas arms.

~

san and yunho were cuddled up on the couch sleeping. seonghwa had went to check on mingi, knowing that he was crying earlier, and hongjoong sat on the floor in front of the couch, rubbing his boys' heads. "i'm sorry" he whispered.

seonghwa made it to the bathroom where wooyoung and jongho were sleeping on against the tub, and yeosang and mingi were cuddled up against the sink as mingi was still crying in his chest. yeosang looked up at his dad when he heard him walk in, his eyes were red and tear stains ran down his cheeks. seonghwa rubbed the boys head before saying anything

"why don't you put them to bed while i talk to min?" he whispered as he gestured the the two youngest. they looked like they cried just as much as the other two. yeosang went to let go of mingi, but mingis grip only got tighter "no" he whispered from his brothers chest

"it's okay min, he'll be back. you and me are gonna go cuddle in my room okay?" seonghwa said softly, watching his arms loosen around his brother, letting him go. seonghwa picked up his mingki, even though mingi is now almost as tall as hongjoong, he's still his baby. he carried him to his bedroom and laid down with him on the bed.

"you wanna talk about it?" seonghwa whispered

"it was my fault" mingi said, just below a whisper, but seonghwa still heard it. "all my fault"

[to be continued]

[not proof read]

[i cried while writing this]