Thirty

Remus had gone to get drinks as Aries sat down at a table, her feet ached from all the dancing.

"I'm surprised you lasted that long on the dance floor, if you had been any longer, I'd thought you were a machine." A voice startled Aries from taking her heels off.

"Bloody Salazar." She gasped once she saw who it was.

"I don't believe your Salazar tonight, you look much prettier." Fabian sat down beside her.

"For one, thank you, and two, where's your other half?" Aries asked. It had been a month or so since the breakup, yet, Aries still felt comfortable having a normal conversation with him.

"Off to the loo, where's yours?" Fabian asked.

"Getting us drinks, and taking quite awhile." Aries responded as she glanced towards the other tables, not seeing Remus.

"I didn't get a chance to thank you." Fabian said gaining Aries attention.

"Thank me? For what?" Aries asked, her brows furrowed.

"This is gonna sound so messed up but, for breaking up with me. For not leading me on further. I knew, honestly, that it didn't feel right. But I just wanted someone." He admitted.

Aries was speechless, she didn't know what to say to that, what would you say to that. Though he seemed to have a point.

Aries had been in his shoes as well, wanting someone, and Fabian happened to be that someone.

Aries opened her mouth to respond, but before she got a chance to let any words loose, Marlene jumped in.

"Aries I need to talk to you." Marlene cut off the conversation.

"Mar, I-"

"It's important." Marlene scowled.

Aries could see the angry expression on her best friends face.

"Did something happen with Gideon?" Fabian asked, sensing her annoyance.

"It's not about Gideon." Marlene snapped, and grabbed Aries hand to drag her out.

"You're welcome!" Aries called to her ex as Marlene dragged her towards Lily.

"What's going on?" Lily snapped.

"What's wrong with you?" Aries asked, shocked that Lily would react that way.

"What's wrong with me?! What wrong with Potter! He ditched me on the dance floor!" Lily spat angrily, "I knew I shouldn't have given him a chance." She shook her head in disappointment, though also a bit of sadness.

"Sirius is gone too." Marlene huffed.

"I don't see Remus anywhere..Peter looks to be gone too." Aries frowned.

"I don't know why I'm surprised, I'm not doing this tonight, I'm gonna go and have fun. Forget about those toe rags for once." Lily shook her head, leaving to go back to the party.

"You were with Sirius?" Aries asked Marlene, she shrugged. "What happened to Gideon?"

"We got into a fight and then Sirius asked for a dance, Gideon just had to get jealous and stormed out." Marlene smirked. "Plus, your brother isn't unattractive." She teased.

"Mar!" Aries warned, "that's my twin, you idiot." Aries whined.

"Hey, what can I say, I have a thing for twins." She shrugged.

"Ew." Aries shook her head.

"Where do you think they all went?" Marlene asked.

Once again Aries answer was cut short, a tall red head decided to come close to them and call for Marlene.