48

"Everything is fine. Brandon and Lea are all good. Little bean is good." Kelsey smiled into the camera as she and Cassidy FaceTimed as Austin took a shower after his show.

"Well, good. I miss you guys." Cassidy sighed. She was going through a case of homesickness and she was lucky to have her best friend answer the phone. It was almost midnight where they were, but for Kelsey it was almost 4 PM.

"How is tour going? I know it's only been a few days." Kelsey asked.

"It's been .. fun." Cassidy chuckled. "I can tell Austin is holding back some because I'm around. And I don't want that. I don't want him to change anything just because I'm around ya know." She shrugged.

"I get it. But maybe it's not such a bad thing ya know? He is a family man nowadays." Kelsey teased. Cassidy laughed and shook her head in agreement. Only a few moments later, Eric entered the room.

"Are you talking to my baby mama?!" He stopped in his tracks. Kelsey's laughter was heard from the phone.

"Okay, okay, our times been cut short. Call your man. I love you." Cassidy blew a kiss into the phone. Kelsey smiled and ended the call.

"I was the one that called her.. don't take it personally." Cassidy teased as Eric's phone began to ring. He only playfully rolled his eyes as he walked away.

Austin walked back into the green room with Dre just as Eric walked out. He could tell they were discussing business so she didn't want to interrupt. But it didn't last long, because it quickly turned into the two of them grabbing a beer from the fridge, cracking them open, and practically yelling cheers.

"What's up Rockstar?" She spoke from her spot on the couch, realizing now was a good time to interrupt.

"Dre just told me more than half of the shows for the second leg have sold out!" Austin looked proud, and that honestly didn't happen as often as one may think. He was very humble.

"Baby! That's awesome! Congrats!" Cassidy stood up and pulled her fiancé into a warm embrace.

"I knew my boy could do it!" Dre spoke up with his million-dollar smile, holding his phone up in front of him, clearly making an Instagram story.

It wasn't long before word got out within the team, but the venue had to kick everyone out due to a curfew so Dre ended up getting a hotel suite for the night so the team could celebrate. Especially since they had the day off tomorrow.

An hour later, Cassidy was sat on Austin's lap in a very crowded hotel room and he smoked a cigarette, drank a beer, and talked to Bobby next to him. She wasn't even sure where she was anymore. But it truly didn't matter as long as she was with him. She put her hand on his, and he didn't even hesitate to tighten his grip and rub small lines into her hand with his thumb.

"Ayo Cass! Come play! I need a partner!" Adam hollered from the other side of the room. She smiled as she stood from Austin's lap and turned to face him.

"Duty calls!" She blew him a kiss and made her way to the table.

Austin watched as she interacted with his team. Like the whole team. Dre, Smitty, Eric, Adam, and everyone in between. She fit in so seamlessly and he felt so fucking lucky At that moment.

"Yo, she's pretty dope dude," Bobby spoke up next to Austin.

"I know man. Trust me I know." He took a long swig from his Bud Light can, not taking his eyes off of her.

"So she's sticking around huh?"

"The fuck you mean? Of course, she is dude." Austin's brows knitted together quickly as he looked back at Bobby.

"I'm only playin' man. You're just goin soft on PostyCo. That's all." Bobby teased. And he could tell that he was getting a rise out of Austin.

"Man, no I'm not." Austin stood up from the couch and grabbed another beer. Bobby following suit.

"Look, all I'm sayin is that this time last year, you were pulling every piece of tail you could, snortin' whatever you could off of whoever's ass you wanted." Bobby cracked the top on his beer.

"Yeah everyone seems to like to remind me of how I was before I met Cassidy, man. Why can't y'all just get over it." Austin chugged his beer rather quickly before grabbing another one. "You want old Posty back? Want me to prove he's still here? Let's fucking go then!" Bobby started shouting from next to Austin as they began to yell and jump from their spot in the kitchen. 

Cassidy heard the commotion and glanced over but didn't think much of it, other than the boys being boys, and contributed her game of beer pong.

By the time the game was over, she and Adam had won, and it was close to 3 AM and was feeling drunk. She wobbled over to her fiancé to was smoking in the kitchen with Bobby. But quickly realized it wasn't a cigarette.

"Where the hell did this come from?" She could smell the weed as soon as she got close to the kitchen, wondering how she didn't smell it before.

"Bobby of course!" Austin slurred. He was definitely drunk, and now getting high. Cassidy was sure he was going to feel super in the morning.

"Where did yo-" Cassidy began to ask another question, but it was quickly interrupted by Bobby.

"Damn man, is this 20 questions or some shit?" He laughed. Austin laughed, Dre even laughed. Cassidy however, didn't find it funny one bit. It killed her mood instantly.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed.." she looked at Austin, trying to gauge what his response was gonna be.

He smiled at her, "okay. Night." And put the joint back in his mouth before inhaling once again. Cassidy blinked, shocked at how he was acting. And turned on her heel to go to the master bedroom of the suite. However, she locked it behind her. If he wanted to act like a dog, he could sleep like one too.

x

By the time Cassidy woke up, she looked at her phone, which she put on silent before going to bed, and saw she had a handful of texts and calls from Austin and even Eric. She also realized it was close to noon by now.

She felt like her head was going to explode, so she knew she needed a shower and food, ASAP!

She took a quick and brisk shower before changing into some leggings and oversized t shirt and then brushed her hair out.

She opened the door to the master suite and walked down the hall revealing exactly what she was expecting. While there were multiple rooms in the suite they were in, she knew Eric and had one bed, and Dre had the other.

She entered the living room to find her fiancé asleep on the couch, his shirt off, covering his face. She had no idea what time he went to sleep. So she knew what she was about to do, could end badly. But she did it anyway.

"Hey," she lightly kicked the foot that was sitting on the floor, hanging off the side of the couch.

"Hmm?" Austin groaned before uncovering his face to see Cassidy standing there looking less than amused.

"You need to get off this couch, it's not good for you. You have a show tomorrow." Was all she said before walking into the kitchen. She immediately grabbed a trash bag and started to clean up, not caring about the amount of noise the cans were making. She only paused for a moment to order a large amount of room service brunch for everyone.

She wasn't sure why she was being so considerate. It's probably just in her nature. But she ignored the movement from her zombie of a fiancé and continued to tidy up.

"Hey.." she heard him come up behind her, before feeling his strong arms wrap around her shoulders. "I was a fucking asshole last night. And I'm sorry.."

She turned around to face him. "Wow, so you were coherent enough... I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or not." She scoffed before walking away, breaking free from his embrace. He looked down with a heavy sigh and decided to just go take a shower chug some water and take some medicine for his head. He'd talk to her in a little bit.

A/n: HI FRIENDS! this one's a little longer. life's crazy amirite? 😅 I started working full time again after NOT for a year and a half with covid and stuff having to keep my kid home from school. So Life's just been busy! I hope y'all are good and safe!