37

Just like how they took a private jet into London, they were lucky enough to take one home to Los Angeles

Just like how they took a private jet into London, they were lucky enough to take one home to Los Angeles. Even though they both stretched out and slept on the flight, they were still exhausted and barely spoke to one another while in the car on the way home.

Once they were home, Austin unlocked the door, and told Cassidy to just leave her bags by the door so they could get them after they woke up. She didn't argue at all and began to yawn as she made way for the stairs.

"Here." Austin spoke before she had a chance to protest, and before she knew it, she was thrown over his shoulder and being carried up the stairs. He tossed her on their bed and even pulled her Vans off for her.

"Wow. I'm so lucky." She teased as she watched him crawl into bed next to her.

"Shh. Sleep." He playfully placed a finger to her lips and kissed her forehead before closing his eyes. Cassidy did the same and they were both out before they knew it.

xxx

By the time Cassidy woke up, it was 3 in the afternoon. She looked over to find Austin still passed out in the clothes he wore on the plane. He was barely wrapped in the duvet, and mouth hanging open. She decided she would let him sleep just a little bit longer, and took a shower.

Once she was done, she felt like a new woman. She felt completely refreshed and very well rested. She put on a misfits tank top over her black bralette and a pair of black leggings before she decided to wake up Austin.

"Babe." She whispered as she hovered over him. "Babe it's almost 5 p.m., you gotta wake up!" She had to stifle a small laugh.

Before she knew it, Austin's arm pulled her into him and they rolled over completely. Her wet hair was all over the mattress.

"You showered without me?!" Austin teased.

"I was being nice and let you sleep!" She countered.

"Yeah I do appreciate that. I'm still exhausted."

"Same." She reaches up and pecked her fiancés lips quickly. "I'm gonna go find Brandon."

"Okay. I guess I'll take a shower alone.." Austin pretended to pout.

"That's generally how it's done.. " Cassidy teased as she slipped away from Austin.

"Rude!" He replied as she left their room to find her brother.

She walked down the hall and heard videos playing on Brandon's phone from his room. He told her to come in after tapping on the door.
"Oh you're finally awake huh?" He teased.

"Oh fuck off. Flying is exhausting." She sat on the bed.

"It looked sick though. I'm pretty jealous, I'm not gonna lie." Brandon smiled.

"Yeah we'll definitely be going back. Kelsey wants to go too. Thanks for not burning the house down." Cassidy teased.

"Yeah yeah. Eric was here most of the weekend, so he helped keep me alive."

"Okay well.. you don't seem like you're in the mood to talk.. so bye." Cassidy scoffed as she began to stand up.

"Cass... wait." Brandon put his phone down to look at his sister. "I'm sorry. Leah just hasn't been texting me today... so I'm distracted."  Cassidy didn't say anything as she sat back in the same spot.

"I'm sure it's nothing B."

"She's posted on Instagram and Snapchat.. it just sucks. I feel like a fucking girl... no offense. "

"None taken I guess.." Cassidy shifted. "Look, just give her some space and some time. Maybe you'll see her at school and everything will be fine. Maybe she's goin through something. Who knows. But just give her some space..."

"Yeah you're probably right." Brandon looked up at his sister. "Thanks Cass."

"Welcome. I'm gonna go figure out what to order for dinner... I'm starving. You eat?" 

"No. Let me know what you're getting."

xxx

After dinner, Cassidy and Austin found themselves watching TV in the living room. They were both very happy to be in the comfort of their own home again.

Cassidy had been texting with Kelsey, who already decided would be coming over the following day, to hear all about the trip.

Cassidy has also decided to try her job search once again. She still wanted to remain at a bakery if possible. And the thought of looking again was already stressing her out. She didn't realize it, but she began to bounce and rock her foot on the end of the couch.

"What's wrong?" Austin spoke up, glancing down at Cassidy's foot.

"Nothing. I'm okay babe." She tried to smile.

"Oh come on. Don't." He chuckled. "What's goin on?" He shifted slightly so his attention was on his fiancé.

"The idea of looking for a job again. Just, getting stressed already." Cassidy chuckled nervously.

"What did I tell you Ca-"

"I know what you told me Aust. That doesn't change how I feel."

"Okay fine. Here's an idea I've had. Open your own." Austin looked at Cassidy, who's expression changed from anxious to looking like she was going to laugh hysterically any moment.

"Oh come on. I cant own a bakery Austin. I don't have that kind of money."

"Let me help. It's better than going through a bank and having a loan.. and because you're marrying me, you don't have to worry about paying me back." He smiled.

"Austin.."

"Cassidy!" He teased.

"I'll think about it. Okay?"

A/n: how's everyone doin during this crazy time! As always, I love your feedback! Comment and vote! 🖤