27

The American Music awards were just 2 days away, and Cassidy was frantically trying to find a dress that she liked and could afford.

Austin was currently trying to explain to his girlfriend that he wanted to buy her a dress, and of course, she was refusing. She was already up in arms about it being her first Hollywood anything... now she had to worry about wearing a dress.

"Babe. I'm taking you out. And buying you a dress. You're not saying no, and we're leaving in 10 minutes. So. Do what you need to do.." Austin stood shirtless in front of his closet looking at Cassidy. She rolled her eyes and walked into the bathroom to quickly do her makeup.

When she was done, she walked downstairs to see Austin playing on his phone in the living room.

"Ready sweetheart?" He stood and slid his phone into his pocket.

"I guess!" Cassidy smirked. They walked outside and Austin opened the passenger door to his truck.

"Oh, being normal people today?" Cassidy teased.

"We're gonna try!" Austin smiled as he closed her door for her.

After a very serious karaoke session to some Creedance Clearwater Revival, Green Day and everything in between, they arrived at the Grove. Cassidy smiled as Austin adjusted the Dallas Cowboys cap on his head. Austin assured Cassidy that Alex would be nearby if they needed him, which did make her calm down a bit. But she was prepared for him to get recognized while they were out. It was inevitable.

Austin and Cassidy spent the afternoon walking in and out of so many stores Cassidy had lost track. She still hadn't found a dress, and basically refused to look at anything else just so Austin wouldn't try to pay for it.

However, that did change when they went into the Vans store. Austin wanted a new pair of white vans since his were pretty much destroyed from the tour. It's all he wore on stage. He wanted to get Cassidy a matching pair of all-white slip-on Vans and just couldn't say no.

A few stores later, Cassidy finally found a beautiful black thigh length dress. Austin insisted she try it on, so as she was in the dressing room, Austin found a seat on a bench in a small waiting area. A few minutes later the door opened, revealing Cassidy.

"Shit babe you look great!" Austin's has dropped.

"You think so? It fits really well.." Cassidy gave a shy smile.

"Yea! I'm fuckin sure. Take it off and let's go pay for it." Cassidy slipped back into the dressing room and put her clothes back on.

She carried the dress out and Austin instantly grabbed it from her hand and walked to the counter.

"Austin Richard, don't!"

"Too late. Let it happen. It's happening!" He laughed. The cashier laughed as well, but Cassidy was not when she saw that the small shiny black dress was close to $700. It didn't even make sense in her mind.

"I cannot believe that dress was so fucking expensive.." Cassidy sighed.

"Will you chillll." Austin wrapped his arm around his girlfriend's shoulder as they walked back towards the truck. "I can't wait to see you walk down the red carpet with me in it," Austin smirked.

The butterflies returned as Austin said that. She was still so scared. She was brought back to reality when Austin's phone dinged in his pocket.

"I totally forgot! Ashley, or well, Halsey, is in town and really wants to hang out and meet you. She said you guys are like soul sisters or something just from what she sees on your Instagram." Cassidy smiled. She had DM'd with Halsey a bit here and there lately and was super excited to meet her. She was so down to earth.