30

Just days after the AMA's, Cassidy and Austin we're taking full advantage of not having anything on their schedule. They found themselves wrapped in their comforter in bed watching The Office for probably the 4th time.

It was nice to not have to think about anything for a moment, even though Cassidy knew deep down it wasn't going to last long.

Her gut was right because Austin's phone began ringing. He looked down and saw Dre's name.

"Hey man. Yeah nothing right now. Okay, we can come down. Sick, we'll be there soon." It was a short conversation, but it definitely meant Austin had to leave.

"Get dressed and come down to the studio with me. The song is done and ready to be released!" Austin grinned. Cassidy smiled back, eager to finally hear the song they'd been working on. Austin kept it a surprise from her, not wanting to give anything away.

The pair got dressed quickly and got into Austin's truck so he drives them down to the studio.

As they walked in the door, Cassidy saw Dre, Bobby, Eric, and another man she'd never met. However, she was quickly introduced to Swae Lee, who Austin collaborated on the song with. 

"I wanted to wait until it was done to show you, and it's pretty fucking awesome Cass." Austin smiled. "It's the feature song for the new Spider Man movie, into the Spiderverse."

"Holy shit babe that's so fucking awesome!" Cassidy grinned. "Okay, I can't wait anymore. Lay it on me!"

She watched as Dre hit a few buttons before the music filled her ears. It was beautiful. It was a little different than what Austin was normally used to releasing, but he's also been known to break any sort of genre barriers that were set up.

"Baby that's fucking awesome!" Cassidy exclaimed. "When does it drop!?"

"Like a month from today," Dre spoke up from behind Austin. Cassidy nodded her head looked back to Austin.

"I'm really excited about it. We'll get to go to the premiere once it's out in a few months."

Just then, Cassidy's phone vibrated in her pocket. She pulled it out to reveal a text message from Kelsey.

I pulled Austin to the other side of the room to speak to him a bit more privately

I pulled Austin to the other side of the room to speak to him a bit more privately. "Babe Kelsey needs me. Do you mind dropping me off?"

"Just take my truck. I'll get Eric to take me home." He smiled.

"Are you sure? I've never driven that before." She chuckled nervously.

"Yes babe it's fine. Is Kelsey okay? Should we tell Eric?.."

"Yes. And no... don't. Uh-please." Austin only smiled and nodded his head, dropping the subject. "Thank you. I'll text you when I get there." Cassidy stood on her toes to kiss Austin quickly.

"Bye boys, I gotta go uh, take care of some stuff." Cassidy smiled as she waved to the room of men and fiddled with Austin's Keys.

x

Cassidy made it to Kelsey and Eric's apartment in one piece and let out a sigh of relief as she put Austin's truck in park. She didn't bother knocking on the door, knowing Kelsey left it open for her.

"Kels?" Cassidy called out as she set her keys and phone on the coffee table.

"Bathroom!" Cassidy followed her voice to the bathroom, where Kelsey was sitting on the toilet, with the lid closed.

"I just peed on it.." Cassidy didn't say anything.

"Kels, you know everything is going to be okay right?" Cassidy finally broke the silence between them. "You have options, options that I will support no matter what. And you know Eric will too.."

Kelsey let her head nod slowly. "I know." She exhaled.

The best friends waited for another moment, both just looking around the room as the most agonizing minute passed by.

"I think it's safe to look now.." Cassidy spoke.

"Can you? Please?" Kelsey spoke meekly. Cassidy gave a reassuring smile to her best friend as she stepped closer to the bathroom sink.

Two lines.

There it was. Clear as day. Kelsey was pregnant. And even though Cassidy wanted to be excited, she kept her emotions to herself for a moment to give her the news.

"Kels... it's uh, it's positive.."

Kelsey looked at her best friend. She stared right into her eyes like she was trying to tell her to take it back.

"Fuck.." is all she said for a moment. "Idk what to do.."

"Well, what do you want. Think about it for a moment. Do you want to have a baby?"

"I mean I guess eventually. Yeah?" Cassidy smiled.

"Well, do you think keeping the baby would be the best option for you?" Cassidy continued. "Don't think about Eric for a second. Just you."

"I mean, I guess so. Yeah. I mean I know Eric wanted kids eventually. I guess it's just bazaar because even though it feels like we've been together for 10 fucking years, it's not even a year yet.."

"I think you just gave yourself your answer.. to which, I want to tell you, I'm so fucking excited to spoil the shit out of my niece or nephew. Oh my. God!" Cassidy exclaimed. Kelsey tried her damndest to hold back her smile but ultimately failed.

"Fuck." She exhaled again. "Now I have to tell Eric.."

"You know he's going to be happy right? He's so fucking head over heels in love with you. It's disgusting. Like I thought Austin and I were bad." She laughed. "Speaking of, I should get home, I have his truck. I would call Eric and tell him to come home.." Cassidy smirked at her best friend as the pair walked out to the living room. Cassidy grabbed her things and hugged Kelsey.

"Call me if you need me. You got this."

"Thank you. Love you."

"I love you more!" Cassidy smiled as she closed the door behind her.

A/n: hi. hello. I'm running low on motivation so I'm sorry. Updates will kinda slow down so I can get some chapters pre written. I have 2 after this. So much love to those still reading. I'm still blown away by the love you give me! Please comment and tell me what you think and don't forget to vote!