3

A few hours later Cassidy and Kelsey were still hanging out with Austin and his friends at the show. This time however, they had moved out into the parking lot of the track where some busses and vans were lined up. Someone had music playing on a speaker while another group was setting up for beer pong.

Cassidy was 100% out of her element. She was not the party type. At least not this type. She loved to go to concerts and the occasional bar every now and then. But kickbacks with rappers were not really her scene. Or so she thought until today.

She found herself having an absolute blast. She'd been introduced to a few of Austin's friends or well people who work for him. But you could tell that he genuinely cared for the group he had, regardless of if they worked for him or not.

"Alright let's go! Cass, come be on my team!" Austin called from the beer pong table. "Kelsey, come join. You can be on Eric's team!" He pointed to the other side of the table where Eric, his assistant, stood. Kelsey grabbed another beer and made her way to the table.

"Right then. Let's see how these east coast girls do in a game of pong!" Eric laughed as he picked up a ball and lined up his shot. He missed of course and earning a groan from both Eric and Kelsey. Kelsey lined up her shot, also missing.

"That's what you get for talkin shit!" Austin said as he handed the ball to Cassidy. "Ladies first. No pressure." He grinned as Cassidy playfully snatched the ball from his hand.

She lined it up, making her first shot in the middle up. Her arms flew up as she cheered.

"Hell yeah! That's what I'm talkin about!" Austin lined up his shot, singing the right corner. Cassidy gave him a high five as she took a swig from her beer.

In the end, Cassidy and Austin won by a long shot. Austin grabbed a cigarette from his pack and lit it up. "Hey, come with me." He tapped Cassidys and and motioned for her to follow, which she did. He lead her to a bench on the other side of the tour bus.

"What's up?" She finally asked as she sat down next to him.

"Nothing, I just wanted to get to know you is all. It's been a crazy day." He gave her a genuine smile.

"It has. It's been a lot of fun. Thanks for inviting us!"

"Absolutely! It's not every day you see a pretty girl picking up a fucking great ass album." Cassidy was glad her cheeks were already flushed from the alcohol, because she was definitely blushing. "So tell me about yourself!" He pulled the cigarette from his lips once again and tried to blow the smoke in the other direction. He failed.

"Fuck I'm so sorry!" He waved his hand I front of them to clear the smoke from her face.

"No worries at all, I'm actually just gonna.." Cassidy reached over and plucked the cigarette from Austin's hand and placed it in between her own lips taking a drag before giving it back. She didn't smoke nearly as much as she used to, but couldn't help herself when she was drinking.

"Uh. Well, I've lived here my whole life. I'm a pastry chef in a bakery downtown. I'm almost 24.. I dont know." She shrugged. "I'll let you in on a secret though!" She leaned in closer to Austin, "this isn't my natural hair color.."

"Shit. Good to know. Your secret is safe with me." He sealed and locked his lips before throwing away the key.

"Thanks. Appreciate it." She tried so hard to keep a straight face, but faltered. "No but really, I'm not sure how to introduce myself."

"Okay. Twenty questions. I'll go first." He took another hit from his cigarette. "Favorite color?"

"Grey. Favorite movie?"

"Fuck. Step brothers. Do you have any siblings?"

"A younger brother. He's 17. His name is Brandon. Where are you from?"

"Grew up in grapevine Texas. Do you like being a pastry chef?

"I love it a lot." Cassidy decided to let her alcohol start talking again. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"I dont." He took a long drag of his cigarette before offering it to Cassidy to finish. "What about you? Got a ball and chain?"

"I can't say that I do." She finished the cigarette and used the bottom of her boot to snuff it out and dropped it into her empty beer bottle. "One more question. Even though we didn't hit 20. The fuck did post Malone come from?"

"A rap name generator." He replied so quickly and without any real emotion.

"A rap name generator?" She chuckled. "Really?.. and now look. It's plastered on the signs and shit." Cassidy stood up, instantly feeling the affects of the alcohol, and almost tripped. Austin stood quickly and grabbed her arm.

"Woah. You good?"

"Yeah, just drunk." She stated. Austin didn't let go of Cassidys arm right away. She looked up at him, he had to have been a while foot taller than her. She could have sworn he was bending down to kiss her before Kelsey screamed her name across the parking lot. Her eyes snapped shut for a moment before pulling away and walking towards the noise, without really looking back at Austin.

"We gotta go. I'm dying here. Plus, we gotta call an Uber and shit to get my car back tomorrow." Cassidy nodded her head.

"well fuck I forgot about your car. We can figure it out tomorrow. I'll get an Uber." Cassidy pulled her phone out of her pocket to find it completely dead. "Son of a bitch. Well I was gonna."

"I can drive you back. Eric can follow me in an Uber and well bitch that back." Austin appeared next to Cassidy and showed that he had already called an Uber to pick them up after having Kelsey put their address in the app.

"My hero!" Cassidy playfully swooned over Austin earning a laugh from the crowed.

"Well let's head towards your car, Eric can wait for the Uber here and he'll meet us there.

They slowly but surely made their way to the car. Kelsey was feeling much better, not having drank as much as Cassidy. She was just exhausted. Austin linked his arm with Cassidys as they trudged towards the car.

The ride home was quiet. Neither Austin or Kelsey noticed that Cassidy had fallen asleep in the backseat until they parked the car. Austin being the gentleman that he is, was able to pull her out of the car and carry her up to her bedroom.

"Thank you Austin. Really. I can get her from here." She smiled. "I'll walk you out though."

Kelsey and Austin sat on the steps out front waiting for Eric to arrive in the Uber. Kelsey thanked him again, but not before scribbling her number on a receipt she found in her purse to have Austin give to Eric.

"I'll be sure to pass this along. Thanks for coming today. Im glad you guys had so much fun. Make sure she's good. She had a lot to drink for being so small."

"Yeah and she doesn't drink that often either."

"She could have fooled me!" Austin chuckled. Eric finally pulled up and they both stood. Kelsey pulled Austin in for a hug and said goodbye to go help her drink best friend.

A/n: slow burn. Kinda. Sorry if this blows. I'm having some fun with it tho! Lemme know what you think!