44

With the interview out of the way, Austin and Cassidy made their way back home. They both went to their room to change. Austin changed into a pair of light joggers and a T-shirt, while Cassidy slid on a pair of leggings and a baggy T-shirt as well. The pair moved around the room in comfortable silence. Cassidy speaking up first.

"I can't believe you told them.." She sat on the edge of the bed.

"Merry Christmas?" Austin teased.

"Seriously! It's going to be bizarre! And it's going to feel more like reality." Cassidy smiled up at her fiancé. "I'm seriously so excited. Thank you. I hope Dre wasn't mad. He didn't really say much."

"Dre wasn't mad. I don't care what he says anyway. He knew we were engaged. He couldn't expect me to keep it a secret forever." Austin sat next to Cassidy, but lay back, and pulled her with him. She shifted to lay on his chest.

"If you say so."

"Don't stress baby. Go back to being excited." She could hear the smile in his voice. She lifted her left hand from where it lay on his stomach, to look at her ring again. As if she'd ever stopped staring.

"I love you," Austin spoke up again.

"I love you more."

xxx

Cassidy was finally able to spend some much needed time with her best friend. With everything that had been going on, the pair felt like it had been a year. They were still used to seeing one another daily! Kelsey and Eric were at their best friend's slash employer's house. While Eric was off doing whatever he was being paid to do with Austin, Cassidy and Kelsey plopped on the couch.

"Pregnant sex is fucking amazing bro. Let me tell you. It's so much easier. You don't gotta worry about shit. Cause ya know, it's already happening." Kelsey laughed as she ate her 7-11 taquitos. Cassidy sat on her couch and shook her head playfully.

"But enough about me. Eric told me that Austin dropped the engagement bomb at the interview today! Are you so fucking excited?"

"Dude yes. It feels more real now. Before it felt like a fucking fever dream sometimes." Cassidy laughed.

The friends laughed and sat in silence for a minute as they looked out the back door to see Eric and Austin talking on the patio outback.

"I'll never get over how surreal this year has been," Kelsey said nonchalantly.

"Who are you telling?.."

"How are you by the way?" Kelsey turned to her best friend, a more serious look on her face this time.

"I'm okay. Better. It was just a lot of shit to happen very close together. My mom, the bakery, or lack thereof.. the bar bullshit... I'm finally getting to a better headspace. Accepting that my life is what it is. That Austin truly does love me and care about us. It's a weird feeling." She looked up at Kelsey.

"See, I told you. I know you're an independent bitch, but like, let him take care of you!" She smiled. "I wish my pregnant ass could go on tour with y'all. If it was just a few weeks sooner I'd probably be able to swing it. But the doctor didn't wanna push it." She frowned slightly. "So you'll just have to FaceTime me often. I know Eric will, but I need to see you too!"

"Stop. You know I will. I'm probably gonna go insane with the amount of testosterone I'll be dealing with. You gotta promise me to bug the shit out of B while I'm gone too. We know that Lea will be here most of the time, but, for my sanity." Cassidy glanced at her best friend.

"Oh absolutely. A chance to
bug the shit out of my best friend's little bro who is basically my little bro too? Count me the fuck in." The girls laughed.

Just as Kelsey finished her sentence the boys came inside from the sliding glass door and made their way towards their significant others.

"We're finally done prepping for the tour. I just had shit to send it Dre. But for now, we can finally enjoy the holidays before we leave!" Eric sighed as he sat next to Kelsey.

"I'm so jealous." Kelsey pouted.

"Well if it's any consolation, I'd rather be home with you while you are baking our little nugget. No offense Post." Eric replied as he looked towards Austin.

"None taken!" He waved him off. "But while y'all are here, and since it's right around the corner, Cass and I got you something." Austin stood back up, as Cassidy smirked at the couple across from her.

Austin left the room, but returned momentarily, pushing a giant box on the floor. He finally turned it around, to reveal a matching crib, and changing table set for the baby. It was a gorgeous light grey color, perfect for any gender or theme they chose.

"Holy shit guys! You didn't have to do this!" Kelsey stood up and walked over to the box. "And it's still so early!"

"I know. But Christmas." Cassidy shrugged. I had to. It was honestly Austin's idea to get the set." She pat his knee as he shrugged playfully.

"Well, thanks, guys. It means the world!" Eric spoke up.

A/n: this is terrible and I hate it. And I shouldn't have posted it. But here we are. I just needed some Kelsey / Cassidy content.

I'm losing momentum if you can't tell so I apologize if it's obvious. I'm hoping I can get it all back soon.