||17||

"I must admit, I'm a huge fan of all you pro heroes

"I must admit, I'm a huge fan of all you pro heroes. So, I've thoroughly researched each one of you. Keigo has been a great help to me since I'm new here," I replied with a hint of sincerity. He nodded, seemingly believing my half-truth. After all, it wasn't a lie when I said I admire them.

Finally, I found relief in having a normal conversation with Katsuki that didn't involve fighting or arguing. However, our moment was abruptly interrupted by the sound of Hades barking.

"We know you're here, Hades," I said, glancing at the calm dog sitting on the backseat of the car.

"Are you a bitch?" Katsuki asked. I raised an eyebrow, questioning him.

"Was that meant as an insult?" I inquired, curious about his intentions.

"Well, that depends on how you interpret it. I was merely asking since you clearly understood what my dog was trying to convey," He replied.

"I can understand you just fine, so I don't see why understanding a dog would be any more difficult," I retorted, smirking slightly. His eyes widened momentarily.

"You really know how to push my buttons," he growled.

"Says the man who always initiates the fights," I shot back.

"Just shut up, Bakugo. I don't want to lose my temper again," I interjected before he had a chance to respond. The sudden application of the brakes made me jolt roughly in my seat. Thankfully, wearing a seatbelt prevented me from hitting my head on the dashboard.

"What the fu-" I started to say, but before I could finish my sentence, I was pulled towards Katsuki in an instant. His angry crimson eyes locked with mine, leaving me wide-eyed at our sudden proximity.

"Listen here, Seiren Uchida. I don't give a damn about you losing your temper. As long as you're in my car, you follow my lead, not the other way around. So, how about you shut up and let me drive in peace," he demanded, releasing my arm that he had pulled me closer with.

He was way too close, and the heat rushed to my cheeks due to our closeness. I'd never admit it, but he looked rather attractive when he was angry. Forget I ever said that.

"I... I'm sorry," I stuttered, pulling away from him and rubbing my nape—an unconscious habit of mine when flustered. I shifted my gaze out the window. He resumed driving in silence this time, and I couldn't help but feel like going on a mission with him was a massive mistake. Oh, how I wished Hitoshi was here instead of dealing with Katsuki's explosive temper.

I received a message from Keigo, asking, 'Are you doing alright, kiddo?'

'No, I'm despising this mission,' I replied truthfully.

'I believe in you, Seiren. I know you're capable,' he texted back. I could almost hear his smooth, calming voice reassuring me.

I hope you're right, Keigo. Because I have no idea how to handle Katsuki Bakugo's presence right now. I'm torn between the importance of this mission, as it's my ticket back home, and the wish that it hadn't happened at all. Dealing with Katsuki is an overwhelming task, and I still don't feel qualified to navigate it smoothly.

********

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.