Helpful Guide!

.

Hi there!

Hi there!

Long story short...

.

Xin Dao:

The characters live in the Kingdom of Xin Dao, where there is One Major ruling power, and Four sub-ruling families.

Wulin - The Entire Martial world or society.

Power rules in this world.

.

Martial Arts:

In Xin Dao, martial artists cultivate from the day they are born! Okay, it's not that bad, but they start pretty early, from like age three to five, depending.

From then on, they train tirelessly to:

- Meditate/Cultivate

- Train their bodies physically

- Absorb, refine and build Qi (spiritual energy)

- Use Qi to build their Spirit Cores, which is some kind of dense, spiritual ball of energy, located somewhere behind the navel region. Without one, a martial artist is considered useless, or called 'Trash'.

Obviously, the stronger or denser one's spirit core, the stronger he/she is as a martial artist.

- Unlock all their spirit/energy veins, which are called lingmai, or meridians. The more meridians you unlock, the more Qi you can control, and even absorb, which means more power! Yay!

-Hone their combat skills to perfection, and train, usually, with a chosen weapon of choice or inherited family or clan weapon. For example, a person's Clan or family might have been proficient with a battle hammer for centuries, so it would be odd if the successor, suddenly wants to use a sword!

.

Power Levels:

There are ten levels of power in Xin Dao, each with ten stages.

I made them super easy, using something we all understand:

*Drumroll*.......

Colours!

So, it starts with the rainbow (Except for the 6th colour.), and then four extra levels to complete ten:

Red Realm - Absolute Beginners!
Orange Realm
Yellow Realm
Green Realm
Blue Realm - Senior Disciple level
Purple Realm - Not to be messed with!
Black Realm
White Realm
Light Realm - godlike!
Heaven Realm - Extremely godlike!

They all have ten stages each, so sometimes you might see "... He's in the late stages of the Blue Realm," Or "She's at the peak of the Purple Realm and is about to break through to the Black Realm!" Or "He's been stuck in the third stage of the green realm for years now.", or other stuff like that.

Also, the age when a Martial Artist reaches a level is also important!

For example, if a person hasn't stepped into the Yellow Realm by age 14 or 15, they are considered slow, and are expected to never amount to much. Meanwhile, some geniuses hit the Green Realm by 14 or even 13!

By Age 18, one should at least be in the first stage of the Blue Realm, and by age 28, One should step into the Purple realm!

.

Demons and Monsters :

So, Xin Dao has two types of demons... Enlightened demons, which have existed for more than a thousand years, and have taken the form of humans, and Lesser Demons, which are still essentially like animals (like giant snakes, etc), and are called monsters.

There are also Ancient creatures, which are huge, deadly monstrosities with no known trace on their origins!

.

Idioms and Proverbs:

So you will find quite a few Idioms and Proverbs. They're usually self-explanatory, and where they aren't, I would mark it with this symbol, *, and put the explanation beneath that paragraph.

.

And so, with these somewhat Lengthy breakdowns, I do hope you enjoy this amazing journey.

Annyeong!! \(^ヮ^)/